Ravecraft boat tops?

FlyingViking

Anyone had any experience with these guys out of Concord Ontario??

I called around to a number of Ontario based boat canvas companies. They all quote me around 2500 to 3400 bucks for a canopy to meet my needs (needs clear vinyl front windscreen with walk through to the bow, extends past the 2 front seat a foot or so, needs to be 6 feet tall. Needs to be stainless tubing.)

I spoke with the Ravencraft company today and gave them the same specifications. They quoted me $900!

I was given the name by the guys at JB’s tackle in Toronto. Any one have any experience with these Ravencraft folk??

No experience with those guys but that price is amazing. I had something similar done about 15 years ago and it cost me $2000. Seems too good to be true in todays economy. Fwiw I was at Eagle canvas in Burlington today and they quoted me $900 for replacement of 2 screens and 2 zippers in my boat camper top.

No experience with those guys but that price is amazing. I had something similar done about 15 years ago and it cost me $2000. Seems too good to be true in todays economy. Fwiw I was at Eagle canvas in Burlington today and they quoted me $900 for replacement of 2 screens and 2 zippers in my boat camper top.
Yea, eagle was one of the folks that quoted me (actually today) Was 2900 to 3400. They are local to me and easy to drop off for the boat. Very very nice people. I spoke with the owner. That look like awesome quality (I don’t mind paying for quality)

I like “local” for sure. I asked them both for images of the work. The price is a HUGE difference….

Ravencraft has apparently been in business for like 40 years…

Maybe it’s the location….. I know concord has a lot of manufacturing…. Burlington, not so much.

If anyone has had an experience with them, that would be great.

That seems like a price that is too good to be true. If that’s the case let me know lol I’ll send my boat there too🤣

Yea, eagle was one of the folks that quoted me (actually today) Was 2900 to 3400. They are local to me and easy to drop off for the boat. Very very nice people. I spoke with the owner. That look like awesome quality (I don’t mind paying for quality)

I like “local” for sure. I asked them both for images of the work. The price is a HUGE difference….

Ravencraft has apparently been in business for like 40 years…

Maybe it’s the location….. I know concord has a lot of manufacturing…. Burlington, not so much.

If anyone has had an experience with them, that would be great.
Greg seems like a great guy. He showed me around the shop and a few jobs they were working on. Their workmanship is top notch as well as their customer service. I ended up leaving my covers with him for repairs. Do you have a Lund? He was talking to someone about a top for a Lund while I was there. Tough to find anyone to do anything these days on the cheap. I just had 2 “Pros” do a quote to install kitchen tile and one was almost triple the other for a very small simple job. You just never know anymore. I hope the cheap option works out for you.

Yea!!! He was talking about a Lund to me on the phone that he had in the shop. Awesome guy. He’s the owner. I’m not trying to piss on any company… let’s be clear on that, I was very impressed by his tone and offer of service

I’m not looking for cheap… I want a good cover, at a good price. He was verrrry customer service oriented. He said he would send me a few pics as examples

The price difference between 2 companies is $2000

The other shop in concord offered the same materials and was pleasant as well.

Hence my question

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks