Rate the Lake Erie Marinas

DaveJ

I'm thinking about getting another slip next year. I had one at Erieau last year, didn't get out much so kept the Trophy Pro on the trailer and because of a summer of major outdoor home improvement projects didn't get it wet once. I might sell the Trophy and go back to a smaller 18' aluminum like a Lund, Starcraft, etc..but if I keep the Trophy I think it needs to have a slip.
Given the fishing seems to be good from Erieau to Burwell, what are your favorite locations to keep your boat? I'm 15 mins to Bruce, 30 to Burwell, 45 to Glasgow, an hour to Erieau. I'm 5 to Stanley but the slips are outrageously expensive

I don't have a slip at Bruce, but acquainted with someone who does. It seems like a good place to have a slip which appeared to be in good shape,, the owners are very nice and care about their property. I think they live on site, they have fuel for which they don't overcharge. They have a decent ramp and it didn't appear to be overly busy. The fishing out of Bruce was also good.

make sure there is no water treatment plant upstream, the fur will be at least1/4 " or more by the end of season. We're at Marina Shores on the inner bay so it would be a long ride out to the walleye. Love having a covered slip though.

I brushed the Burwell hula skirt off the boat before coming home last trip.

Inch to inch and a half of dancing girl skirt already for the season.

The fishing at times can be mind blowing, multiple limits in an hour.

Ramps can be crowded and the ground can be a little punky after a rain, but if you need help, I think it's the place to be.

I have a dock to myself, so I am a little influenced. LoL🌻

Last edited:
What year is the trophy and what engine and length of the boat. How much do you want for it? Asking for a buddy who is looking. He does have an Aluminum boat.

Erieau and Glasgow would be considerably closer to deeper water and could reduce your operating costs significantly.

There definitely are benefits to a covered slip, protection from the sun and elements is huge.

However, there are far more spiders (for which I have a VERY low tolerance, lol), and if a bird nests above your boat then you have that mess to deal with. A slip that has a lift is the best option and a no-brainer.

I've had a slip at NEM in Port Bruce for a while now and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Great owners, close to home, free parking a few feet from your boat, fresh water and power available, MUCH cheaper than other marinas, close to the lake, off the main creek so no worries about current and floating debris, surrounded by sesonal trailers so everybody watches out for everybody else in fact I've never heard of any thefts, bait (minnows and worms), gas and ice on site, rec hall with washrooms, showers, pingpong, pool table and weekly functions like potluck dinners, bingo, Christmas in July, etc.

Anybody know if you get the green growth as in hvyhaul's pic in a Port Glascow slip??
I had a slip for years at Glasgow when I had my charter business and yes you get growth on your hull. Not as bad as some other harbours but there non the less.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks