Off Topic RANT......And I thought MY dental work was expensive.

To put some perspective to this so people understand why this quote has us so upset. As many of you know, I am on a disability pension, deemed unemployable because of my back, hips and shoulders. It is my only form of income. Out of that pension I have to pay my share of the household bills before I do anything else. Those bills take approx 65% of what I get per month BEFORE I pitch in with groceries. I don't get a hell of lot to begin with so I'm not left with a hell of a lot to do other things once I've met my commitments to the home. This year is the first year since I got hurt where I'm finally making in a month, almost what I made in a week before I got hurt.

The vet KNOWS this..........but still every chance they get they're always trying to get us to do what THEY want to do, KNOWING we can't afford it.....What they've quoted us to pull one tooth out of the cat's mouth once the infection has subsided equals about $500 more than I make in 2 months combined. We're going to remind them of this on Friday and then ask them to explain to us how we justify doing what THEY want us to do when doing so would mean certain monthly bills would end up NOT getting paid, and we'd be at least 3 months behind by the time we could start paying those bills again because we chose instead to do what the vet wants us to do. THAT isn't going to happen.

Not sure if it's appropriate to your situation but Vet Clinics can access funds from the Farley Foundation to cover necessary medical costs for people on disability and other fixed income programs.

Not sure if it's appropriate to your situation but Vet Clinics can access funds from the Farley Foundation to cover necessary medical costs for people on disability and other fixed income programs.

Thank You. We've never heard of the Farley Foundation. Something else to take into the discussion on Friday with the vet.

FF is News to me as well.

My vet was on the outskirts of Huntsville for years so I understand the difference @FlyingViking referenced.

Driving by him twice weekly allowed it to work but once the cottage was sold, sadly that came to an end. 🌻

Trevor..are you status native? My wife gets all her dental paid for under her status.
Animals health care is a different story. What you see is kinda what the Americans see with health care..pay to play. Our chocolate lab broke a leg at 6 months old..that was a $3500 fix. We now have a health insurance plan for her.

Trevor..are you status native? My wife gets all her dental paid for under her status.
Animals health care is a different story. What you see is kinda what the Americans see with health care..pay to play. Our chocolate lab broke a leg at 6 months old..that was a $3500 fix. We now have a health insurance plan for her.
No I'm not. Apparently, from what my mom told me, when she looked into it way back when I was born, although there is some native blood in me from my biological father, (a man I never met) there's enough to say it's there.......but not enough to warrant the gov't granting me status, and I haven't worried about it my entire life so I'm not about to start worrying about it now.

Well, how'd the Vet visit go?
My wife decided that since the cat is still taking the meds that were prescribed and will be for at least another week, we would wait until they were almost done then I would go in and have this discussion with them. The cat was here before I was, but apparently, I'm a little better at this kind of thing, so I get to be the asshole. (Been called worse in my life by better people and worse so I'll handle it :ROFLMAO: )

In the meantime, I have a few friends and a few relatives who are Vet techs so I've reached out to them to get their advice.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks