Quinte Eyes Update

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well its another year of $#@! driving again. Stop and go traffic from Kitchener to Toronto, then east of Toronto its starting to snow. Farther we go the worse it gets, lanes are now very slippery and slush is building fast. Changing lanes was a nightmare!!!! But after a 6 hr drive we made it and needed a couple of beers to relax.

Still had some time and decided to try our luck out on the ice..........geeze!!!!!! Snow covered!!!!! Got the quad stuck a couple of times but managed to get out. @twodogs you were right, its going to tough for quads. Mark said not to worry he would help with the Argo if we needed it.

There is a good 10-12" of snow and 20" of ice.
No walleye report, perch - 2
New update tomorrow.

DSCF0124.JPG
DSCF0123.JPG

Three bouys, where are you fishing? I'm in Kingston for the next day or two and stopped in Belleville to fish there today on my way by. Went to go out from Point Anne. I had a look at the snow on the ice and thought I'd go for a test drive before I hitched up the portable. I'm glad I did as I got a total of 100m from shore before I got stuck, on the ATV's belly. 20" of snow and the quad sat there high centred with all 4 wheels spinning. And that was on a bit of packed trail. I was thinking about trying somewhere else on the Bay on Thursday but I'm going to try inland tomorrow.

All I have to say is you guys are nuts. Hook up with Fish Farmer and you have 3 nuts. I had some harrowing drives in winter up that Port Hope hill tires just a spinning on the ice, snow and slush to freeze our behinds off, split a 30 buck suite in The Quite Hotel, get eaten by bed bugs, tell the hookers not tonight dear, then go back and do it all again as soon as we had the chance. Walking out on 2" of ice, you know it's thin when water comes out of a hole 20 feet away. Jumping from chunk to chunk of ice in March to get to the 10 pound Mamas.

Now I'm a retired nut. I'll live vicariously through you nutbars adventures, good fishing and be safe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks