Puslinch Lake

I think it is private property actually. It’s not a navical water. It used to be an old quary.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s whole owned property up until the road where the gun-club is?

Pretty sure they actually own the lake and property.
It's a kettle lake and in fact it's navigable. The creeks flows out during high water season.
The lake is officially a public water body with no formal public access maintained...yet....the lake is public .

It's a kettle lake and in fact it's navigable. The creeks flows out during high water season.
The lake is officially a public water body with no formal public access maintained...yet....the lake is public .
It is a kettle lake! I didn’t know that!

I did a bit of reading on it and it sounds like the “association” or Lake board shut it down after some snowmobile accident and lawsuit.

It’s a shame

I might be getting this wrong,, but if I remember correctly. The police officer told me because the restaurant and trailer park offered services to the general public accessing there land would not be considered trespassing. He said they would have to have a gate/fence and/or signage posted no trespassing. Otherwise a person could access the property without doing anything wrong. Obviously this would not apply to using facilities such as parking lots, boat ramp etc.

I might be getting this wrong,, but if I remember correctly. The police officer told me because the restaurant and trailer park offered services to the general public accessing there land would not be considered trespassing. He said they would have to have a gate/fence and/or signage posted no trespassing. Otherwise a person could access the property without doing anything wrong. Obviously this would not apply to using facilities such as parking lots, boat ramp etc.
Sounds like a great officer you ran into!

I think Grand River Conservation owns the lands near Little Lake and the Puslinch Tract Forest.

It is a kettle lake! I didn’t know that!

I did a bit of reading on it and it sounds like the “association” or Lake board shut it down after some snowmobile accident and lawsuit.

It’s a shame
I believe it's the biggest kettle lake in Ontario and maybe Canada. Yes there was a snowmobile accident Yeats ago that caused a stir. The access is being restored apparently but the water in public and fishable

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks