Puslinch Lake

lebaron

Does anyone know how to access Puslinch Lake? I used to park on the side of the road and walk by the restaurant. Drove yesterday to check and the restaurant is gone! Everything is 'no trespassing'.

You can not access anymore. I used to fish there all year and would launch my pontoon boat at the beach by the restaurant. Burnt down again last year. Before the fire, they have trailers at the water front and its all private property now. The camp ground owner (same as Restaurant owner would kick you out. Even the boat launch is only for those who have camp sits there.

private lakes..... welcome to the future. In the olden days, access had to be guaranteed for public use on lakes, mind the ramps we very basic, but you could always launch a canoe or yak. The municipalities need to get involved so rights to the water are for everyone. Think Dorchester pond.

I used to live 5 minutes from Pushlinch. Used to be huge largemouth bass there before, I think 2012 when a very cold winter freezed the lake and killed off the fish. I did go back the next couple of years and the fish are gone. That lake was a hidden Gem for 4-5 lbs large mouths back in the day.

Last edited:
there used to be speed boat races there and still popular for water skiing. Just need the $$$$

I remember some guy died in a snowmobile collision while racing before the winter kill.

I used to live 5 minutes from Pushlinch. Used to be huge largemouth bass there before, I think 2012 when a very cold winter freezed the lake and killed off the fish. I did go back the next couple of years and the fish are gone. That lake was a hidden Gem for 4-5 lbs large mouths back in the day.
HUGE largemouth there 15 years ago. A bunch of the Maple Leafs would fish there as well. My largest was 7 lbs 4 ounces! They used to dredge a channel through there for the waterskiing competitions and the drop-offs held soooooo many big pigs (just had to wait a few days after the competitions). Such a fun spot to fish. The restaurant food was ok too

I use to get some really big Walleye out of that lake. Years back mind you. However since the Biebs showed up on this lake it has basically gone private now. Very unfortunate, Being 10 minutes from my house it was a go to for taking the Grandkids out. Some big ass Crappie in there as well as a ton of pike. I miss fishing there was very convenient. Small lake out front still open to the public if you can find room.

Cheers

There are still big bass there , probably not #s you remember but I know of a 5 plus this year coming out of there. As with really high pressure lakes they feed at night only and buddy took this pig after midnight on a topwater .

While I've never fished this lake, it sounds disappointing...and maybe...illegal. Maybe check out the Provincial Agrologists Act. Basically, the essence of the act is the banning of access to crown land (re: you cannot deny access to crown land). If you do not cross cultivated land, you can not be stopped to access crown.

Add in the that the beds of all navigable waters are crown land. These two pieces could be your gate back on the water....literally and figuratively...but it may mean, you'll have to withstand the challenge.

It is unfortunate...and many of us see this daily...the over stating of private lands by landowners extending their boundaries. And without challenge, this will happen more and more. Yes, there is, also unfortunately, no shortage of bad examples of abuse of the land by way of littering or tree cutting or campfires on private...but I believe the majority of us do the right thing.

If this resource is of value to you...investigate those two pieces I mention above...and see if your rights are infringed.

King Joe, Outa Here!

I've been kicked out 3 times in a row the past 2 years. I gave up. The owner makes you feel like a loser before he kicks you out. Not worth me getting upset over his insults. One winter years ago after the first fire and they rebuilt the restaurant, I parked by the private home and started to walk out on the ice. The owner came out from the restaurant and started calling me a "Fu&*%ing A$$Hole." He told me that the lake is private property and I am not allowed there. I am not a person who gets into arguments but I did yell back at him asking why he would call me that if he has never met me before. I did go fishing that day but I was bother by his comment all day. The restaurant was very nice and had great food. Because I don't respect the owner I will never go back even if he re-builds the restaurant after the second fire.

Last edited:
A few years back I was parked at the restaurant. They called the police on us. The police showed up and told me I couldn't park there as it was private property. That I should park on the road and walk in. He also told us that the restaurant/trailer park could not stop us from using the lake. The officer gave me his # and told me to call if we had any problems. Never had a problem after that. That was before the restaurant burned down.

I've been kicked out 3 times in a row the past 2 years. I gave up. The owner makes you feel like a loser before he kicks you out. Not worth me getting upset over his insults. One winter years ago after the first fire and they rebuilt the restaurant, I parked by the private home and started to walk out on the ice. The owner came out from the restaurant and started calling me a "Fu&*%ing A$$Hole." He told me that the lake is private property and I am not allowed there. I am not a person who gets into arguments but I did yell back at him asking why he would call me that if he has never met me before. I did go fishing that day but I was bother by his comment all day. The restaurant was very nice and had great food. Because I don't respect the owner I will never go back even if he re-builds the restaurant after the second fire.
The lake is certainly not private property. Unfortunately sometimes we need to hold our ground with the Karen type.

A few years back I was parked at the restaurant. They called the police on us. The police showed up and told me I couldn't park there as it was private property. That I should park on the road and walk in. He also told us that the restaurant/trailer park could not stop us from using the lake. The officer gave me his # and told me to call if we had any problems. Never had a problem after that. That was before the restaurant burned down.
I use to walk in from the road. Never had a problem

A few couples took the sunset lake tour they offer there this summer. The guide did say the restaurant closed ramp use to non residents of the lake. However, he did say some logistics need to be addressed in order to have public access from the road and that discussion is happening with the municipality.

The lake is certainly not private property. Unfortunately sometimes we need to hold our ground with the Karen type.
I think it is private property actually. It’s not a navical water. It used to be an old quary.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s whole owned property up until the road where the gun-club is?

Pretty sure they actually own the lake and property.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks