Fishing Report puerto lopez EC thurs. Nov 21

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
just to let a few know ...my gf & me just got down here late wednesday afternoon...we wasted no time gettin out trollin with Charlie & the 2 sons Alex & Fabin on the Roseitta yesterday am ...and we made it out & setup 70 km offshore WSW & covered alot of water...
it didn't take long hookin up... we had plenty of action with spectacular takes, jumps runs and chases & 1 double dorados .the hooks drove in good landing 7 for 7....5 dorados & 2 blue marlin... ya our target fish... ya a focused team effort with 7+ hours of one of my favourite methods.. high speed trollin on a pacific roll & chop..

with over 230 photos & MP4 action videos between our 3 cameras...just way to much to share..lol

heres a few to share

puerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 073.jpgpuerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 082.jpgpuerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 097.jpgpuerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 110.jpgpuerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 223.jpgpuerto lopez fishin Nov. 21 2019 046.jpg

we got back to port cleaned & filleted all the fish...and we split up our catch ..and nothin wasted..everybody was happy including half the neighbourhood...it was a good day...

Ya we got a good start to a big fishin agenda..again to much to share
sooner or later the day will come for the big one..
catch up with ya later... May 2020

Last edited:
just to let a few know ...my gf & me just got down here late wednesday afternoon...we wasted no time gettin out trollin with Charlie & the 2 sons Alex & Fabin on the Roseitta yesterday am ...and we made it out & setup 70 km offshore WSW & covered alot of water...
it didn't take long hookin up... we had plenty of action with spectacular takes, jumps runs and chases & 1 double dorados .the hooks drove in good landing 7 for 7....5 dorados & 2 blue marlin... ya our target fish... ya a focused team effort with 7+ hours of one of my favourite methods.. high speed trollin on a pacific roll & chop..

with over 230 photos & MP4 action videos between our 3 cameras...just way to much to share..lol

heres a few to share

View attachment 19320View attachment 19321View attachment 19322View attachment 19323View attachment 19324View attachment 19325

we got back to port cleaned & filleted all the fish...and we split up our catch ..and nothin wasted..everybody was happy including half the neighbourhood...it was a good day...

Outstanding photos. Keep them coming mick I too am jealous

heres a few to share

View attachment 19320View attachment 19321View attachment 19322View attachment 19323View attachment 19324View attachment 19325

That there would be Awesome @mick
Happy to read your reports once again and enjoy every minute Of your big water adventure and thanks for making most of us jealous! JJ ?

Muchas Gracias fishermen...

Ok here ya go...Fishin report Sunday Nov. 24th..
We headed out at first light fishin a 4 mile reef trolling big crank baits targeting a mixed bag...defiantely looking for the big grouper..well we had good action/lotza bites landing 5 for 6 plumero & 1 small king and then the bite died with SSW seas/swells building...
So we quickly picked up and headed back out for dorado/marlin and setup 4 marlin baits and banged off 2 quick/small dorados..we kept trolling SSW head wind to hunt our area for marlin....we fished hard..picked up another dorado leader cranked right to the boat and .Charlie misses the poke/kill...no big deal...
Our short 40 minute marlin window finally come at 5:10 pm where we spotted & worked over 3 single marlin ontop right beside the boat..nothin in our spread or produce a chase...bummer.. but it was fun workin um...anyway shortly after trolling back we picked up a decent dorado jumper and called it a day just before last light with a tail wind back to port...final score 9 for 11 cooler size great eating fish..plumero are delicious..and thats on the menu for tonight..

heres a few pics from many...

puerto Lopez #2 extras Nov.24 004.jpgpuerto Lopez #2 extras Nov.24 009.jpgpuerto Lopez #2 extras Nov.24 006.jpgpuerto lopez #2 Nov.24 027.jpgpuerto Lopez #2 extras Nov.24 019.jpgpuerto lopez #2 Nov.24 047.jpgpuerto lopez #2 Nov.24 041.jpg

no screamers today but it still was good..and its new moon tomorrow..oh boy...but we are waiting for the seas to lay down..
besides trolling.. I want to get way out deep jigging amberjacks for fun at first light for a bit too..

Muchas Gracias fishermen...

Ok here ya go...Fishin report Sunday Nov. 24th..
We headed out at first light fishin a 4 mile reef trolling big crank baits targeting a mixed bag...defiantely looking for the big grouper..well we had good action/lotza bites landing 5 for 6 plumero & 1 small king and then the bite died with SSW seas/swells building...
So we quickly picked up and headed back out for dorado/marlin and setup 4 marlin baits and banged off 2 quick/small dorados..we kept trolling SSW head wind to hunt our area for marlin....we fished hard..picked up another dorado leader cranked right to the boat and .Charlie misses the poke/kill...no big deal...
Our short 40 minute marlin window finally come at 5:10 pm where we spotted & worked over 3 single marlin ontop right beside the boat..nothin in our spread or produce a chase...bummer.. but it was fun workin um...anyway shortly after trolling back we picked up a decent dorado jumper and called it a day just before last light with a tail wind back to port...final score 9 for 11 cooler size great eating fish..plumero are delicious..and thats on the menu for tonight..

heres a few pics from many...

View attachment 19356View attachment 19357View attachment 19358View attachment 19360View attachment 19361View attachment 19362View attachment 19364

no screamers today but it still was good..and its new moon tomorrow..oh boy...but we are waiting for the seas to lay down..
besides trolling.. I want to get way out deep jigging amberjacks for fun at first light for a bit too..
That looks like a lot of fun mick. Enjoy your holiday and keep the pictures coming for us northerners

NICE JOB!
Good for you Mick, you know the best how to spend the Winter time.
Keep us posted.
Tight lines.

Thanks again chicos...way to go @borg on the rainbows..

Ya I just switched gears with Capt. Charlie and the boyz and we are goin fishin hard for dorados & marlin tommorrow for 6 am till dusk..the weather trend ending tuesday evening to NW, the new moon is here, tide table times and the fish are there = has convinced me to get back at it..

Hot Mahi Mahi action Nov 26 am..

we had our 4 lines set by 6:50 am...it only took 8 minutes to score our first with a catapult outrigger release... the bite was fast & furious landing 9 for 9 dorados by 9:30 am.. missed 2 violent hookups..
nice mixture of sizes...so happy I decided to go outHot Mahi Mahi action Nov. 26 am 084.jpgHot Mahi Mahi action Nov. 26 am 079.jpgHot Mahi Mahi action Nov. 26 am 077.jpgHot Mahi Mahi action Nov. 26 am 076.jpgHot Mahi Mahi action Nov. 26 am 080.jpg and to experience the water lit right up with action when we got there..including the 5 prawn/shrimp boats & with the frigits...and 1000s of dolphins & birds diving on bait in our general area we target dorados..that was a wow...

started headed out for marlin at 11am...we seen are 1 and only marlin at 2:13 pm and worked the area with a few loops and he went down...anyway at 4.00 pm we missed a big release off the outrigger marlin bait...don't know what it was...
we marlin fished that 60 to 70 km offshore area we like till 6 :25 pm...and then called it a day..the weather change to sun & blue sky in the afternoon shut the bite down...
I need some R&R ..my upper limbs have experienced a little repetitive strain from fighting & cranking dorados yesterday..lol...a sign of good fishing...the next best thing is eating them...and we are doing a good job but trying to keep up...good thing our apartment has fridge and freezer space in the kitchen here...its all good

Last edited:
Now I know, I have to win 649 here to retire earlier and join you there.
But I have to get back to reality, tomorrow at 9AM I should get back to my job.
Dreaming is free anyway.
I imagine that fish with a glass of white/rose wine. Yum.
Tight lines.

hey Pete...we are heading out Sat. tomorrow...leaving the Puerto Lopez pier at 5am if you would like to join us..I have been driving myself nuts on marine fishing weather, seas, tides & crescent moon cloud cover...it looks almost good ..but my gut feeling...fingers are crossed...we are trolling dorados first light...then headin out for marlin...then all the way back to the reef to crankbait fish grouper 5 till dusk..

yes the fish dinners are outstanding...my Gf making ceviche & a glass of local white wine is her thing...the marlin grilled..plumero & dorado too...and also freshly fried...and dorado on a bun...its all very good...fish & a big fresh salad every day...theres a couple really noisy roosters in the neigbourhood too that should be on somebodys menu...I don't need an alarm clock to get up early for fishing..

I have some good friends from Colombia (Bucaramanga & Cartagena) with them and your knowledge if I am still alive in 10-15 years maybe I will fish the Pacific & Caribbean coast.
Keep us posted. Looking to meet you in the Spring.
Cheers.

Fishing trip Dec. 6... what a trip

we our having so much fun huntin marlin...we got a great marlin chase right to our spread at 7;50 am..and failed to get a strike...marlin #2 hit our outrigger marlin bait with reckless vengence and the 20/0 hooks let go...wow... another boat from salinas working the 50 mile mark also with 2 missed hookups on there bites..ya the holy grail for blue marlin ...
anyway
heres a couple photos on the high seas..

nice wahoo my Gf cranked in..
my friends think I am just another crazy canadian fisherman..
puerto lopez Dec 5 2019 051.jpgpuerto lopez Dec 5 2019 058.jpgpuerto lopez Dec 5 2019 061.jpgpuerto lopez Dec 5 2019 066.jpg
View attachment puerto lopez Dec 5 2019 081.mp4

Full Moon Fishin report Dec 12th

well one more trip on great seas & sky conditions for fishin...our 4 line spread was set at 6:08 am in our first spot with plenty of dolphins & birds activity and no bite.......We carried on out & had 2 different marlin right at the boat one at 9: 07 am and the other shortly after...almost a chase...but again not interested....anyway we fished hard and managed 4 for 4 dorados...seen a free jumper marlin and a big Mahi cruising and that was it...

theres a couple last Lopez pics to share..yep thats a wrap for 2019 fishin...we are headin to Cartagena northern Colombia next week to stay at our apt. & condo.. jan 2020 fishin is coming...

puerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 040.jpgpuerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 053.jpg
View attachment puerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 057.mp4
View attachment puerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 061.mp4

Attachments

• puerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 005.jpg
    puerto lopez full moon fisin dec 12 005.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 33
just to recap my puerto lopez fishin 2X trips this year(2019) I will not be returning for a few reasons with my firsthand good catching experiences and it comes down to my conclusions...futhermore my March fishing trip to samara costa rica dosen't either for a couple different reasons I won't go back and its not because lack of exceptional fishing/catching action..I do look forward to hitting the pacific billfishing in 2020..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks