Fishing Report Pt Bruce pier mostly a bust today

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

I shoulda listened to my initial gut instinct and waited to go until tomorrow. Oh well. Had fun anyways. Caught 9 yellows, only 1 big enough to keep. 2 Silver bass, and 4 sheephead. Nobody else was doing any better on perch off the pier or the beach. 1 BIG catfish caught by the guy sitting beside me, even the sheephead weren't playing nice. Then this happened around 12:30 and 3:30 respectively (see pictures)

The first one being held by the lady was caught off the sw corner with a worm. The second was caught on the east side across from the buoy on a minnow. He didn't even know he'd had a hit until his line was super slack, so he reeled it up, then realized there was something there, so he set the hook. I'm on the beach side minding my own business when all of a sudden he's yelling at me to get my net.

So it wasn't a total bust today, but the perch didn't feel like cooperating today. ( I kinda thought after the weather Thurs-Sun, that they probably went deep again and it might be tough going today. Next time I listen to my gut and wait that extra day.) Might go again later in the week.

Attachments

• June 25, 2018 Walleye #1 caught off the pier.jpg
    June 25, 2018 Walleye #1 caught off the pier.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 205
  • June 25 2018 Walleye #2 caught off the pier..jpg
    June 25 2018 Walleye #2 caught off the pier..jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 203
o_O Hey nice, that doesn't happen every day off the pier. (y)

Yeah no kidding. Until a couple years ago I'd have never believed that pike, rainbows or walleyes were being caught off the pier, that is.....until I was there when a rainbow was caught. I was there when a pike was caught, and I've been there to see several walleye caught.

Last year a lady I know sat down beside me and put a line in the water. I was catching perch after perch on one of the few good days last year. She was playfully complaining because she hadn't had a bite, then WHAM her pole damn near went in the drink. Most of us were teasing her she had a huge sheephead for all the complaining she'd been doing, and nope, 6lb walleye. So those 2 today make 3 now that have been caught in very close proximity to where I'm sitting.

Law of averages says next time I get me one :D. Law of "you ain't that lucky, keep dreamin dummy." says nope :ROFLMAO:

Forgot to mention a very nice lady was fishin dead minnows out of her pail and as she was about to sit down again, 3 quick strikes, stick she was using as a pole rest snapped, and into the drink went her pole. 10 Minutes later using her backup pole, she caught a line, grabbed it and sure enough, fish on it, (small sheephead) and she got her pole back.

Also very slow at three trees in 30 to 32 FOW. 9 perch in 5 hours and 1 large sheephead.

We were watching the boats from the pier. (not like we had much else to do until those walleye were caught, lol) There were a few to the west who seemed to be stationary most of the day, but most boats out yesterday were moving, and moving a lot from what we could see, but there were also some way out there that we knew were trolling. Wonder how they did? They were pretty far out there (could just barely see them) if they were after walleye.

Nice catch trev?

yeah I take good pictures don't I lol. As much as I'd like to take the credit and the glory for catching those 2 walleye yesterday, I can't. Unfortunately, I didn't catch those, but I was there when they were caught, and I am acquainted with both the people who did. If it hadn't been for the big catfish earlier in the day the guy beside me caught, and then those 2 walleye 3 hours apart caught by people near me, I may have fallen asleep. First real quiet day off the pier when I've been in a couple weeks. Still a good day tho. I might try again later in the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh either way you were there to get the picture most impostant part lol good job on that part , good luck next time your out I wanna hear some good news

LOL, the most important part I played was when the second one was caught. Knowing the gentleman who caught it, I was giving him the obligatory "it's a sheephead" when I heard his reel when the fish took line. ( he was on the east side I was on the west with my back to him) He thought so too. Couple minutes later he was yelling at me almost in a panic to get my net, I said, "what, you think you have a big walleye? You know it's just a big sheephead" and he said " I DO HAVE A WALLEYE!!!! GET THE NET!!!!" so I did, and it wasn't for another couple minutes before he had it back up to the surface, and sure enough. Once we had it in the net and out of the water I told him I get half the fish for such a good job netting it, and we had a good laugh. He packed up and left almost immediately after he had me take a few pictures. Only fish he caught in just under 4 hours.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks