pt bruce perch

giller

only 6 perch but its the first perch we have brought home most we've caught in a day

Fishing isn't about numbers. It's far more than that. For me it was an opportunity to get outside the confines of the Steel City and experience nature. I was like a little kid the first time I went north of Toronto by car. There were things I was seeing for the first time in my life. A Hawk, Racoons, hell I'd never seen a live rabbit before I was 21. Then to take in all that our beautiful lakes, rivers and streams have to offer started me a new journey in life.

Some of my best days fishing I never caught a fish and couldn't care less. You sound a bit disappointed, you shouldn't be, you got something. When I started I couldn't catch a cold.

It's not about the fish @giller it's all about the fishing.

Fishing isn't about numbers. It's far more than that. For me it was an opportunity to get outside the confines of the Steel City and experience nature. I was like a little kid the first time I went north of Toronto by car. There were things I was seeing for the first time in my life. A Hawk, Racoons, hell I'd never seen a live rabbit before I was 21. Then to take in all that our beautiful lakes, rivers and streams have to offer started me a new journey in life.

Some of my best days fishing I never caught a fish and couldn't care less. You sound a bit disappointed, you shouldn't be, you got something. When I started I couldn't catch a cold.

It's not about the fish @giller it's all about the fishing.

Well said!

Even being from the countryside fishing still applies as so much more than that. The tranquility of the water regardless how high the swells are. The freedom and ability to adventure without restraint of worrying about the guided path taking you from point A to B. Perching may be a skill that I have not yet mastered, but I believe I am on the right path to what they categorize as a care free living. Enjoying all the simple things. And sounds like a good start numbers may have been low but it is rewarding even having a shore-side lunch of just a few fillets.

Knowing that the USA uses bluegill for Fish and Chips broadened my idea of what a meal fish is. Most people would think sunfish and crappie are just a nonsense bait thief. But these species along with many others can be prepared and be just as amazing in flavor as some ofthe culinary dished that are typically served.

We love eating sun fish and crappie !!
Silver bass is good too when prepared fresh
But fresh perch and walleye are the best in my opinion

Well said!

Thanks Bogz, straight goods story. I'm golfing one day and asked my fishing mentor Big Mario, " Mario, what kind if bird is the one on that tree?" Which bird he asks, I reply with wonderment," The black one with the red wings" I drove the poor guy nuts, what kind of tree is that? What kid of duck is that? What kind of rocks are those? What kind of weeds are these? Endless questions on wonderful days fishing.

When I was a kid there were 2 kinds of birds in the city, the ones we could eat and the ones we couldn't.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks