Pt Bruce July 12-14 Walleye Hunt!! ??????

kmaub

Well today was a great day to be on the water (cept for the flies) but for what ever the reason we just couldn't get the bite we were looking for! :(

We did manage 2 nice walleye late in the morning and lost one but didn't get what was expected considering the amount of marks on the finder!

We fished 55 ft to 61 ft and the fish are there just not likin what we put out! LOL

We tried everything we could think of! Dipsy's! Riggers! Lead! Inline board! Body baits! Spoons! Chads! Running south! North! East! West! Didn't even get a silver or a sh*t head! 1.9 mph up to 3.2 mph!

But I wouldn't have traded the morning for any thing else! ;) Birthday Buddy Billp from St "T" and his son came out with me today and a good thing my girls didn't come cause there would have been nuttin but complaining about the bugs! Been there done that! :rolleyes: LOL

here's the pics!

busy as usual

the main shot! Gord!

this is mine! Bill will have to post the pic of his son's!

The bugs! :eek::mad:

Beautiful!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! LOL

worm harness? only thig i didnt see you use/ and double worms. or maybe try a flie as there a few on your boat damm i hate those things. the nice pop they make when you tromp on them is like bubble wrap hahahaha.

Well today was a great day to be on the water (cept for the flies) but for what ever the reason we just couldn't get the bite we were looking for! :(

We did manage 2 nice walleye late in the morning and lost one but didn't get what was expected considering the amount of marks on the finder!

We fished 55 ft to 61 ft and the fish are there just not likin what we put out! LOL

We tried everything we could think of! Dipsy's! Riggers! Lead! Inline board! Body baits! Spoons! Chads! Running south! North! East! West! Didn't even get a silver or a sh*t head! 1.9 mph up to 3.2 mph!

But I wouldn't have traded the morning for any thing else! ;) Birthday Buddy Billp from St "T" and his son came out with me today and a good thing my girls didn't come cause there would have been nuttin but complaining about the bugs! Been there done that! :rolleyes: LOL

here's the pics!

busy as usual

the main shot! Gord!

this is mine! Bill will have to post the pic of his son's!

The bugs! :eek::mad:

Beautiful!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! LOL

great pics as always Rick :)

I didn't see anything mentioned about a prayer or two being offered up to the fish gods:D----maybe that's where things went wrong:ROFLMAO:

great pics as always Rick :)

I didn't see anything mentioned about a prayer or two being offered up to the fish gods:D----maybe that's where things went wrong:ROFLMAO:

Oh there were a few silent prayer to the wally gods for sure! And a couple for the biblical fly plague too! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

getting serious for a minute:confused:

don't understand where everyone is----considering todays weather and time of day according to your pic the pier should be "packed" but hardly anyone present compared to Thursday

worm harness? only thig i didnt see you use/ and double worms. or maybe try a flie as there a few on your boat damm i hate those things. the nice pop they make when you tromp on them is like bubble wrap hahahaha.

The worms and worm harnesses were an after thought once we got out to about 58 ft and no takers! LOL

I'm going to try them next time out! :)

getting serious for a minute:confused:

don't understand where everyone is----considering todays weather and time of day according to your pic the pier should be "packed" but hardly anyone present compared to Thursday

I was thinkin it was a little thin!

i got theese ones in erie pennsylvenia, there like the greasy chicken but a worm harness cant wait to try them out. if i ever get off this steel tub and back on land only 3 weeks to go wooohooo

I had the same problem marked a ton of fish tried everything throw everything at them but couldn't even move a rod seen a good dozen surface and they where eating the flies and man where them flies bad Saturday couldn't stand it after awhile will try again next weekend

Hmmmmmmm. Tons of bugs on the surface, surfacing fish eating bugs, maybe take a fly rod or fish surface running cranks? Fish flies and a full moon can definitely make daytime fishing tough for eyes. But isn't that what keeps fishing interesting?

Yeah we got the 2nd fish on a perch/gold hot 'n tot just longlined out about 140 feet which should have put it about 15' down. We tried everything we had with us

I WENT OUT SATURDAY AFTER NOON DID NOT GET NOTHING FOR FIRST 3 HRS WAS ABOUT TO CALL IT QUITS AND OFF THE POLE WENT TURNED AROUND WENT BACK THREW AND PICKED UP 4 MORE GOT THEM 58 FOW TO 55 FOW LOST 2 MARKED ALOT OF FISH ALL AFTER NOON WE GOT OURS STARTING AT 7:00 TO 8:30

We had a slow morning Saturday as well but about 1030-11 we got into one and lost it due to inexperience. We ended up with three in the cooler by 330. Lost a few right after the hit. Marking tonnes in the top 25 ft and it wasn't until we brought some of our stuff up that we got them. Using lead on planer boards and dipseys. Most caught on spoons. Pink Panties and greasy chicken wing and Nascar I believe were the best for hits. 58-59 fow.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks