Pt Bruce bows and walleye June 28-14

kmaub

Just me and billp today

Went west of Bruce and started fishing at 7:00 am
We set up in 53 FOW and had a nice little chop coming from the east
trolled out to 60 ft and the best marks we had were in the 54 to 58 ft range and our speed was 2.4 to 2.8 mph so I don't think we were slow enough to get the walleye to hit anything
Riggers we down 30ft with leads out 40 and 68 ft
we tried lead lines at 5 colours and 7 and then 10 and our first bow hit the 10 colour at about 7:45
second bow came on the left side inline board about 10 min after landing the first one
after that we had a few silver bass and then tried everything in the box and not a sniff till we put on the chicken wing and the nice little walleye came to the boat
thought I hit the jack pot with a large walleye or a very big bow but it turned out to be the largest sh*t head I have ever brought in the boat. Would have taken a pic but he tangled our lines pretty good
Water surface temps were 66.8 degrees

Still had a blast and another great water day!

and now the pics! 8)

oh and by the way....... the best bite was on our ankles as the flies were terrible out there! :cry:

I can imagine----going to hold off on another trip til end of week when this heat breaks

hopefully:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks