Pt. Bruce - Aug 20

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after hitting the Grand Slam with Big Dave the previous day, one would think I had had enough fishing. But, when the opportunity presents, and the conditions are as ideal as they've been, I couldn't pass at another day on Erie.

Derek picked me up with the Mickey Finn in tow and we headed down to our "go to" spot, North Erie Marine. Greg's better half was up bright and early to help us at the launch. Greg too was busy helping guys launch and park their rigs. It was obvious that many boats had beaten us out to the lake and we knew why... the walleye fishing was on fire! Greg said that he thought Pt. Bruce had set some kind of record for walleye caught the previous day with almost every boat reporting success.

We were launched and headed down the river with no wait. The lake was flat and we zipped straight south out to 58' and set up. Within 10 minutes, I elbowed Derek out of the way to grab up an 8 lb. bow that came flying up from 50' down off the rigger holding a blue Patriot spoon in mouth. I needed a rest after hauling leadcore yesterday, and catching fish off the riggers was just what the doctor ordered. We proceeded to catch 5 more walleye, all off the riggers, on spoons running relatively close to the ball and with colours meant to entice rainbow (Derek has a thing for rainbow). The 8 colour core we had running a spoon didn't produce.

100_0443.jpg

The wind starting kicking up so we packed it in around noon and Greg at North Erie quickly had us back up on the trailer, again with no wait. This day, it was nice to have a fishing partner that willingly and ably helped me clean the catch. The number of boats off of Bruce today reminded us of the walleye heydays of the 80's. Hopefully the fishing will stay hot for a bit longer!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks