Off Topic Problems with Great Lakes Spoons

murph

Has anyone else had issues with Great Lakes spoons paint chipping and peeling off? I have two brand new spoons which have been used once, the Nascar colour never even caught a fish and the coating is already chipping/peeling off. The Nascar one I could almost peel the coating right off when it was wet, now it seems to have dried back on. I like their spoons and want to support local, but this seems to be an issue. Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

• 20210811_144802.jpg
    20210811_144802.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 75
Talk to Christine at GLS she told me they had a problem with the paint in a certain batch. She sent me 2 new spoons on her own because she thought 2 in my 16 pack was in that batch. She will look after you. 🙂

Wow, thanks for sharring..

ya nothing worse then soft hooks and paint jobs that don't last reffering too a few other brands as well..

Never had a problem with mine. In the picture, it looks like the hooks are scratching the paint. Could it be a swivel problem. ??

I’ve noticed paint chipping off silver streak spoons but not with my Great Lakes spoons must be bad batch like wave runner said

you should always try contacting the company first see if they will help out..
then if not satisfied make a public spectacle of the situation.

Bass pro has a TON of knock of spoon and trailer made for Erie and lake O. And the “Canadian” brands you see at bass pro are knock-off. I will never again buy from bass pro. They have chicken wings and a ton of others like the watermelon. Complete garbage…. Absolute garbage. One “well known” local spoon maker is re-sold at bass pro and they are punched out like skittles in Guangdong China…

I do not buy anything from bass pro. And I’m in the manufacturing business. Complete crap and complete lies of the packaging…

I have no doubt great lakes spoons will take care of you.But it's good to know if paints peel off spoons things will be taken care of for us anglers.

The GLS spoons so far have been excellent for me. I have not had any issue with their hooks either, actually I find them better than the other manufactures hooks by far. The finish is far better than the SS spoons which doesn't last worth a beans and their lousy hooks I always replace. I'm sure those spoons @murph were from the bad batch that had paint issues.

The GLS spoons on the left have caught just as many if not more walleye than the Silver Streak Mini spoons on the right. I say their finish beats SS hands down.

PXL_20210812_191108898.jpg

Last edited:
I had one pink panties lure COMPLETELY lose all its paint after 1 submersion in the water. I was thinking this is a painting application defect on that particular spoon but decided not to make a big deal out of it. If you contact them I am sure they would replace it.

Mine have been excellent and their delivery was prompt. Probably just a bad batch.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks