Pro ride Lund seats

the General

Can anyone offer an opinion of the Lund Pro Ride seat versus the standard seat. Do you think they are worth the extra money. These old bones are looking for a little more creature comfort.
Thanks

I went all out. Got the pro ride, air ride with adjustable fore/aft seat slider & tilt steering......its worth the extra!

These seats by Tempress may interest you as the shocking system provides exceptional comfort while absorbing up to 4G of impact. They are very well made and I'm sure far less coin than the Pro Rides. My old bones are going to be riding on one mounted on the Smooth Moves Ultra this year which many say is the ultimate combination for smooth riding comfort. (y)

91hIWRjlTiL._SL1500_.jpg upload_2016-4-20_16-0-5.png

I have had them on 2 Lunds . Including the present one. They do a very good job of absorbing the pounding you usually take from a standard seat . Yes!!! get them .

If you need better seating I guess you don't care that your boat is taking a pounding.

It's not a question of the boat but his back that's taking the pounding! :rolleyes: When your back is old or your butt for that matter and seen a lot of waves it doesn't have to be real rough to hurt. If your not old enough to know that yet, you will my friend.;) A good seat can make for a more comfortable day fishing. :happy:

Thanks Wave Runner, I was just going to ignore the negativity, lots of good people on this site sharing good thoughts and the joy of fishing, that's what this old back and butt want to concentrate on. And actually I want to buy it for my 69 year old brother in law, its not even for me. LOL. Keep Smiling. :D

@theGeneral... Something I found out that may well interest you. The Lund Pro Ride seats are made by Attwood Marine. Lund and Attwood are both owned by Brunswick. They own Attwood for no other purpose than to supply seats to it's various boat manufacturers. If you look at the new Lund seats and the Attwood Centric II SAS suspension seats they are virtually identical, without the Lund name & logo of course. They are appreciably less expensive than Lund seats from a Lund dealer where you are paying for the Lund name. Still not cheap but significantly less than from Lund for the same seat.

Image (5).jpg upload_2016-4-22_13-7-31.png

Last edited:
thank you again. you guys are much better at researching than me. I will definitely take a look before making the purchase.

I think the original question was , "would it be worth the money for the air ride seats " Sure there are plenty of alternative seats at a cheaper price ,but i may be only speaking for my self, I wouldn't even think of using anything but the OEM seats . They (Lund ) stand behind them 100% . just my 2 cents

I agree with @Outcast i did have a small issue with one of my pro ride & my dealer wty it no questions asked. @Wave Runner is correct, they are made by attwood. the logo is on the bottom of my OEM seats......but the LUND logo does look sharp. And when I bought from Maple City Marine, they added a LOT of upgrades for much less than full list price. So it was hard to say NO to all the shiny add on's, LOL!

I agree with @Outcast i did have a small issue with one of my pro ride & my dealer wty it no questions asked. @Wave Runner is correct, they are made by attwood. the logo is on the bottom of my OEM seats......but the LUND logo does look sharp. And when I bought from Maple City Marine, they added a LOT of upgrades for much less than full list price. So it was hard to say NO to all the shiny add on's, LOL!

I understand where you and @Outcast are coming from and respect the point your making. But if I understand the General's question correctly he would like to upgrade the seats in his existing boat to Pro Rides if they are worth the money. I agree they are a superb boat seat and worth the money. My intent was not to steer @the General away from buying the Lund OEM seats but rather make him aware of another option if he so chooses. If he likes saving money while getting the exact same seat only without the Lund logo that may well interest him but that's completely up to him to decide. As far as Lund standing behind their seats, well of course they do or rather Attwood does, after all they made it.

Attwood stands behind all their countless designs of boat seating. They actually have a new upgraded version of the Centric 2 currently used in the Pro Ride called the Centric X Tour. It has better upholstery with PERMAGUARD and PERMABLOK3 technology. The warranty is 6 year on the frame and 3 year on the upholstery and comes in an array of colours with a few shown below. I'm not sure how this price compares with a Lund version from the dealer but at least the General has this option. I found a place on States side that will ship me 2 of these Centric X Tour seats for $762 which includes all charges, border HST taxes and U.S. exchange rate Fedex shipped right to my door.

If your interested @the General just PM me for the information which I will gladly provide you with. :)

upload_2016-4-26_20-35-37.pngupload_2016-4-26_20-48-34.png
upload_2016-4-26_20-44-53.pngupload_2016-4-26_20-46-37.png
upload_2016-4-26_20-45-40.png upload_2016-4-26_20-50-32.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks