pro kicker shaft length?

live2fish

Does anyone on here have a merc pro kicker on a Crestliner superhawk? I got a 1750 superhawk and trying to figure out the actual shaft length I would need for a pro kicker but after shopping around different dealers have given me different shaft lengths, even different Crestliner dealers have said different lengths. So I think I definitely need to hear from someone who has one on. I don't want it to be too long and drag or too short and be ineffective.

If you're in between sizes, longer is better. Being too low is really only a problem at plaining speeds, which you're not doing with a kicker. If it's too short it will catch air in rolling waves. My kicker's anti-ventilation plate sits several inches below the hull and has never been a problem at the max 5mph it can do.

If you're in between sizes, longer is better. Being too low is really only a problem at plaining speeds, which you're not doing with a kicker. If it's too short it will catch air in rolling waves. My kicker's anti-ventilation plate sits several inches below the hull and has never been a problem at the max 5mph it can do.
Do you have a crestliner? I was certain I’d need the 25” shaft from the chat I had with one dealer a year ago now being told that might be too long. I just don’t want it dragging when on plane.

No but you’ll never be on plane with the kicker in the water so it won’t be an issue.

In my previous boat the transome went all the way across level but with my new boat there is a cutout for the main drive but the kicker is about 6" higher over to the side so depends on where you can mount it.

you won't have any trouble with the Pro kicker dragging when on plane, it lifts almost 90 degrees out of the water.

In my previous boat the transome went all the way across level but with my new boat there is a cutout for the main drive but the kicker is about 6" higher over to the side so depends on where you can mount it.

you won't have any trouble with the Pro kicker dragging when on plane, it lifts almost 90 degrees out of the water.
What boat you have now?

Looks like I’ll be getting the 25”. Or the longer one. I measured 25” from the transom cutout made for a kicker and the bottom of the boat. But the dealer said 25” might be too long. But if that’s the measurement I think 25” is minimum I can go lol

What boat you have now?
I have a 18.5 King Fisher Falcon. Not much of a casting platform up front but it has a dance floor in the back and a waterproof wrap around windshield with scuppers and wipers. Great for trolling or jigging . 90 Merc main and 9.9 Pro Kicker, 40mph

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks