Prime Rib sale

awesome way to do it, done many times. We use a Meater+ and keep the probe close to the spit and have no issues with the temperature harming to probe. Meater is the best way to keep an eye on the temp while on rotisserie.
Wow! Best prime rib roast ever! Rotisserie over live fire for the win! The meater makes it so easy.

Infused some tallow with galic and injected. 6 hour salt brine prior to cook. Cooked to 115°f then opened the top and let it flare up until internal temp hit 122° let it rest for 25 mins. It finished at 129°, was shooting for 132°. Definitely didnt need the tallow, had plenty of fat...

What a great way to finish off a fantastic day with the family.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225_213522_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_213522_Gallery.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20231225_213529_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_213529_Gallery.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20231225_220909.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_220909.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 14
I keep telling The Wife to stop bringing meat home and today she does this.
I WISH........:cry:

My wife refuses to buy meat......that's up to me. She sees what it used to look like in her mind, and can't bring herself to buy it. In fact, she's said more than once over the years she could "go without" (other than bologna or other processed or already cooked meats) and "we don't need it." To which my response is and always will be " Sorry honey, you married a man who used to be a chef in industry AND who's father was a butcher. I GREW UP on meat and potatoes, so it's ALWAYS going to be a part of our menu in one way or another."

Of course when it's raw, she says, :yuck:"EWWW" but once it's cooked and in front of her on the plate...........that changes to "MMMMMMM, OMG this is good." 🤤

Picked up a PR for dinner on New Year's Day. Gonna "fancy" up some beat up potatoes as well by putting some green onion, bacon bits, and sour cream in them, then pipe them onto a baking tray with a little garlic butter on top, then into the oven until the top of them is golden brown. "Duchess Potatoes." Might do a glazed carrot as well, haven't decided on that yet. Still have some dinner buns from Christmas, so I won't be doing Yorkies this time.

I WISH........:cry:

My wife refuses to buy meat......that's up to me. She sees what it used to look like in her mind, and can't bring herself to buy it. In fact, she's said more than once over the years she could "go without" (other than bologna or other processed or already cooked meats) and "we don't need it." To which my response is and always will be " Sorry honey, you married a man who used to be a chef in industry AND who's father was a butcher. I GREW UP on meat and potatoes, so it's ALWAYS going to be a part of our menu in one way or another."

Of course when it's raw, she says, :yuck:"EWWW" but once it's cooked and in front of her on the plate...........that changes to "MMMMMMM, OMG this is good." 🤤

Picked up a PR for dinner on New Year's Day. Gonna "fancy" up some beat up potatoes as well by putting some green onion, bacon bits, and sour cream in them, then pipe them onto a baking tray with a little garlic butter on top, then into the oven until the top of them is golden brown. "Duchess Potatoes." Might do a glazed carrot as well, haven't decided on that yet. Still have some dinner buns from Christmas, so I won't be doing Yorkies this time.
Never, and I say never, is it to late to find a new wife.

Never, and I say never, is it to late to find a new wife.
No, that's alright. I'm QUITE happy with the one I have.

Besides, as the son of a butcher, and a former chef, it makes sense for me to do it. I KNOW what I'm doing in the kitchen, and I KNOW what I'm looking for when I go grocery shopping, especially when it comes to meats and produce. I'm VERY particular about what I buy when it comes to meat and produce. If they don't have what I'm looking for/thinking about getting, when I need/want it, at the quality I'm looking for, I'll go somewhere else until I do find something that meets MY standards and at a price I'm willing to pay for it. So I'm MORE than ok with me being the one to buy the meat. I get what I want, at the quality I want, for a price I'm willing to pay. When comparing my experience in that area to hers, there is no comparison to be made. I have FAR more experience, so it's best I do it anyways.

I've offered to "teach" her how to cook, or "help her improve her knowledge in the kitchen" many times over the years, and her response has always been the same, and I can't argue her logic, "Why would I do that....when I have YOU and I KNOW, that whatever you cook is GOING to be good."

It's NOT that she can't cook, or can't buy meats, she can, but I'm far better at it because my father was a butcher for 50+ years and because of what I used to do for a living, so she defers to my judgement and expertise in those areas and strange as it may sound........ that works for me :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks