Possible closure of a pheasant release site

chris178

Saw this posted this morning. Just another attack on hunting. The bike trails have already ruined a lot of good hunting ground around the County and now they want more. Not that it stops them riding during the season anyways…

The LPAF&GC needs your help to keep one of our pheasant release sites!
Below are contacts for you to write a letter supporting the "Dump Site" as a pheasant release site as per our original agreement with the county and the bike club.

Jim Greenwood (President) gave a deputation to Norfolk Council, and mentioned that the Turkey Point Mountain Bike Club wants Council to close the dump site to hunting so that they can ride bikes there during those months as well even though they have several miles of other trails to ride on. The original agreement the Mountain Bike club had with Norfolk Council before they put their bike trails in, was that, "the trails would not be used by bikes during the Pheasant hunting season". Norfolk Council after pressure from the bike club now appear to be "leaning" towards letting the Mountain Bike club having the use of the site rather than us during the pheasant season, the Council (Chris van Passen) suggested they could look at letting us have another different site for pheasant release, but we stated that the other county sites already in use for the release are all of lesser quality and we don't need "another" lesser quality one.

Obviously our club does not want this change and the Club suggests that all the club members email or phone each and every one of the members of Norfolk Council members to object to this potential change, members should also mention it on any facebook or media sites you have.

The dump site is one of our best pheasant release/hunting sites. The more people who object to this potential change the better.

Amy Martin
amy.martin@norfolkcounty.ca

Tom Masschaele
519-429-9736
tom.masschaele@norfolkcounty.ca

Linda Vandendriessche
519-688-6792
Linda.Vandendriessche@norfolkcounty.ca

Michael J. Columbus
519-983-2932
michael.columbus@norfolkcounty.ca

Chris Van Paassen
519-429-8260
chris.vanpaassen@norfolkcounty.ca

Alan Duthie
519-427-3987
alan.duthie@norfolkcounty.ca

Doug Brunton
519-427-3217
doug.brunton@norfolkcounty.ca

Adam Veri
519-420-7932
adam.veri@norfolkcounty.ca

Kim Huffman
519-429-4250
kim.huffman@norfolkcounty.ca

see also

I sent one to the Mayor just now and got an immediate response , she stated that "there has been no correspondence requesting them to do so".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

I sent one to the Mayor just now and got an immediate response , she stated that "there has been no correspondence requesting them to do so".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?
I received a couple of replies and they said the same thing, that there were no requests. I have an inside scoop and heard otherwise however.

;)

My Councillor replied and I will paraphrase him "that nothing official is happening at Council level but discussions are being held to arrive at an optimal outcome".

More , Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? for thought.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks