Fishing Report port stanley

smokey1

left port at 8am, ran out to 50ft or so then set up 2 riggers and two offshore boards with 7 , 8 colour.

wind was offshore so we just went with it headed deeper.

marking some fish, bait swarms, perhaps flea's as i did have lots on some lines today.

caught 3 on our way to 65 were it seemed slow and no marks, had a board on the loose so we turned around to retireve and picked up one on our way back.

still a learning curve with these offshore boards, as im sure i could have done better just running all lead and a bigger spread were all the elastics would tell the tale of whats going on.

threw 2 smaller ones back, caught 9 total walleye, 1 honking drum and its kid, 2 silvers.

spoons for the morning, pink panties copper back winner winner 3-3.3 mph

then a few body baits, fire tiger husky jerk, and a live target, its a gold smelt maybe ,took fish at 2.5 mph

water is still a bit mixed up, packed up around 2 dragging one on 8 colour board.

some people caught none but radio chatter had some doing better than us.

great day as we went fishing and caught fish

Enjoy

Glad to hear you guys did well I was out for a short bit with my 8 year old only got to fish 2 lines for about 40 min as first half hour was spent trying to get auto pilot back up and then got the phone call from mama that she wasn’t gonna be home in time to pick youngest up from daycare (dammit). 57 fow seemed to have a lot of fish all stacked nicely a 45 fow So ran 2 dipsys and picked up a 9&3 pounder with 2 other short strikes. Looks like the rigger bite is going to cmon strong the way things are setting up. Was a quick fish but it’s always good to get out and see where the fish are!

Attachments

• DE3A7707-95E5-417B-98DA-1E0B10D30485.jpeg
    DE3A7707-95E5-417B-98DA-1E0B10D30485.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks