Port Stanley Yesterday Afternoon

John Kenney

Lines in at 5:45. Lines out 7:45. 6 decent wallies. All on worm harnesses. Two lead cores off the back. One four colours the other five. Two planers, one at 20 ft the other 30 ft. All lines caught fish. No more than 43 fow Lost 3 others. No bugs! That was a bonus.

Little help please. Purchased offshore boards over the winter and used them only once earlier this year. I must be clipping them wrong. The board slid down to the lure. Suggestions?

Maybe you have your left / right--- Port / Starboard reversed. The end with the clip needs to be facing forward (bow) and normally each one states right on it which side. Next there should be, a "tension adjusting screw" on the clip. I would say a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to the right, "righty tighty, lefty lucy", increments; but this could still lead to false hits. I just put the line farther into the clip; not just at the end. Sometimes it will release depending on the size/ weighted sometimes it does not. So; even my method, I have to "fiddle around with it"; but my motto is -- when all else fails read the directions. * Note* I generally set my planers out to the side 50 ft indicated on the reel.

I was using braid and suspected that I needed to wrap it. Was looking for confirmation . And JK I don’t know much but do know my left from right. Thanks all

I was using braid and suspected that I needed to wrap it. Was looking for confirmation . And JK I don’t know much but do know my left from right. Thanks all
I use braid as well and have had zero issues. Make sure that the small spring in your clips are pushed forward for more tension, especially on your red clip. I second the YouTube comment as well as the offshore tackle site if you have more trouble. Cheers

Try running an in line swivel but just above it on the main line put a bead then swivel and a fluorocarbon leader about 3-4 feet of leader line and this will stop the board from going right to your lure

Have you upgraded the two clips? The front gets swapped for a snap shut style and the back for a red one with a tab in the middle of the pad?

Line comes in through the front clip, wrapped around then snapped shut. Line goes through the rear clip making sure it’s past the little tab in the centre of the pad.

Well "nut/bolt" I was just trying to be helpful with my novice experience; not trying in any way to be sarcastic, as I believe you were also not trying to be sarcastic in your reply.

Last edited:
Here are a couple images

Attachments

• 59832DB5-C5A3-48ED-BD6D-AFD503859C23.jpeg
    59832DB5-C5A3-48ED-BD6D-AFD503859C23.jpeg
    608.7 KB · Views: 24
  • BCDE9CD5-41A2-480D-BC83-18BBE4725659.jpeg
    BCDE9CD5-41A2-480D-BC83-18BBE4725659.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 4FBE2400-5D74-4DEE-A6F3-B297A0E9962B.jpeg
    4FBE2400-5D74-4DEE-A6F3-B297A0E9962B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23