Fishing Report Port Stanley Walleye June 29th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Great day to be on the water if not for those drive me insane flies. They were awful to say the least. (n) We got tired of swallowing them in a hurry which drove us off the lake early after losing 3 and putting 8 in the box fairly quickly. I'm sure we could have easily limited out but I couldn't stand it for another minuet... I hate them flies. :mad:

Spoons, blueberry muffin and greasy chicken, down 30 on the riggers and Dipsies back 110 worked best. Body baits only produced 1 along with a few silvers and sheep. I hope they stay in shallow for next trip out. Save lots of gas and time and hope those (n)(n)(n) flies are gone. :D

1530317186975.png
1530317590591.png
1530317751537.png

My son only sent me a single picture today of the cooler. After seeing your picture of the water I'm glad he spared me from that torture at work.

Torture is definitely the best description @hyyhaul. Pretty difficult to enjoy yourself when the bugs are in your eyes, ears and especially swallowing them every time you open your mouth or take a drink. Not to mention the mess you have to clean out of the boat afterwards. My Bimini top was black with them and guts everywhere. Tons of walleye out there, now just get rid of those miserable bugs and the summer walleye game is on! :D

Successful strategy sounds familiar. Congratulations! Hope to be lucky enough to miss the fly hatch this season.

@Wave Runner, I think we have a failure to communicate. Lol

I meant the water looked gorgeous and seeing that while working would have been torture. :D

I experienced the bugs twice last year, boat looked like a bag of pepper had exploded in it. :eek::eek:

Strange, I spent a few hours cleaning up the boat today, and I didn't fish yesterday. Hmmmm:confused::rolleyes::unsure::unsure:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks