Fishing Report Port Stanley Thursday night.

cmac

:(:confused:...got skunked!!! Chased a school for about 1/2 hour but they didn't like anything I had to offer and it was a late start anyways.Yet, I heard the chatter on the radio that everybody (but me) was kill'n them. Oh well...that's fishing. Took an acquaintance with me tonight who helped me try to sort out this Lowrance Hook 7 tracking issues (he has one). He confirmed something isn't right and couldn't figure out the glitches so...in the dumpster she went along with the Abu Garcia bait cast reel. They can keep each other company! lol. If they are not reliable, then they don't need to be on my boat. Will look at RayMarine tomorrow and see what they have to offer in chart plotter combos.
All and all, it was a great night to be on the water never the less!👍👍

What depth of water were you fishing? We have been fishing 66-68 with excellent success. Fish are a little deeper in the water column but are still very hungry

I heard this morning it was a tough go yesterday. You certainly aren't alone in the struggle.

Thursday Evening was slow all the way until we were ready to head in
Then all rods started firing off after 8pm
So we stayed until just about dark little after 9pm ended with 14 walleye.
After we got all the lines up and was packing up the screen lit up with hooks all three the water column. Last night was probably a good night for night time fishing

:(:confused:...got skunked!!! Chased a school for about 1/2 hour but they didn't like anything I had to offer and it was a late start anyways.Yet, I heard the chatter on the radio that everybody (but me) was kill'n them. Oh well...that's fishing. Took an acquaintance with me tonight who helped me try to sort out this Lowrance Hook 7 tracking issues (he has one). He confirmed something isn't right and couldn't figure out the glitches so...in the dumpster she went along with the Abu Garcia bait cast reel. They can keep each other company! lol. If they are not reliable, then they don't need to be on my boat. Will look at RayMarine tomorrow and see what they have to offer in chart plotter combos.

My Bro was out last night between 5-8pm ended up with 21 Walleye
If we had more then one of those special blue RRF we would have had more fish for sure they were hitting that thing the whole evening
But start slamming everything after 8pm. Doubled our fish count in like 30min

We were out Thursday am fished 60 to 65 fow caught 2 picks, pulled up lines went to weather bouy caught 10 in 1 hour great day out deep...

We fished Stanley last night as well. Lines in by 6pm, caught 2 by 8pm and bam the fishing turned on for us too just as we were about to call it. Initially ran out to 69ft SE of Stanley and trolled mostly NW ending at around 62ft. Between 8pm and sundown we landed another 14 thick fish in 45min, lost 4-5 while attempting to land multiple fish at once. Ended with 16 just 2 short of our 3man limit. Probably could of got the last two if we stayed out another 30mins but ended up following the other boats in around 9pm.

Thursday Evening was slow all the way until we were ready to head in
Then all rods started firing off after 8pm
So we stayed until just about dark little after 9pm ended with 14 walleye.
After we got all the lines up and was packing up the screen lit up with hooks all three the water column. Last night was probably a good night for night time fishing
If the Lowrance didn't sh#t the bed,, I would have surely hit the water in the wee hours. Lake conditions were favorable for sure. Glad to hear everyone else managed to put some in the boat. Nice to see all those boats out there last night.🤞

What depth of water were you fishing? We have been fishing 66-68 with excellent success. Fish are a little deeper in the water column but are still very hungry
66'-68' most activity was down deep 45' to 60'. 15' to 35ish showed some consistency as well but most were deep. Ran 4/5 color and 9 but the buggers kept their social distance from everything I threw at them. Just wasn't my night to fill the box.

Just got back from Angler's in Woodstock with the intentions of buying a new Simrad unit. Spoke to Josh and said bring the head in as it was in the truck on it's way to the electronic's recycling depot. He got into the "advanced" settings, completely beyond my skill set, and said "watch what I'm doing...watch what I'm doing" and before I knew it, he was done. Holy Sh#T! That wasn't the same unit I brought in. He looked at me with that little smerk on his face (you guys who have delt with Josh know what I'm talking about) and said try that now and see what you think. He talks and performs his work very quickly but he is a bloody genius with electronics! Too late to go out tonight but will be on the water first thing tomorrow to try this out and deploy the new drift socks to try and slow the boat down.

Just got back from Angler's in Woodstock with the intentions of buying a new Simrad unit. Spoke to Josh and said bring the head in as it was in the truck on it's way to the electronic's recycling depot. He got into the "advanced" settings, completely beyond my skill set, and said "watch what I'm doing...watch what I'm doing" and before I knew it, he was done. Holy Sh#T! That wasn't the same unit I brought in. He looked at me with that little smerk on his face (you guys who have delt with Josh know what I'm talking about) and said try that now and see what you think. He talks and performs his work very quickly but he is a bloody genius with electronics! Too late to go out tonight but will be on the water first thing tomorrow to try this out and deploy the new drift socks to try and slow the boat down.
Yup know what you mean.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks