Port Stanley this morning but later than usual

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
@18Again arrived at our property at 3am this morning and we were in port Stanley by 445. We boarded the prestige worldwide and got it set up. Turned the key and NADA? Flipped the breaker at the pole and hydro started flowing but volt metre read 3.4! So hooked everything back up waiting for it to charge up and wishing I had left my newly purchased booster pack on the boat after last mondays outing. It charged up to 11/12ish but refused to turn over even after multiple pleas, attempted bribes and cursing. Then a lightening bolt hit me to check the trunk of the car cause I couldn’t remember where I put it at home. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition cause there it was. Hooked it up and boat started first turn. (Breaker must have just blown yesterday cause everything in the fridge was still ice cold. Leaving the port some weekend cowboy from the launch (I am in a slip now so I can toss that phrase around) decided to go zipping behind me then passed me like he was Don Johnson in a cigar boat. Once I cleared the canal went hammer down out to 62 FOW and dropped lines around 730. (Thanks @derek9) Trolled out to 64 and only picked up one keeper. Were treated to @derek9 pulling up way too early on his way in to let me know they were limited out and heading in. After I gave him his due….🖕 Decided to pull my two dipsys and switched out the ripplins to a blueberry muffin and a UV wonderbread. Rubbed some worm scented gel on it (14.99@amazon) which I have never used before. Dropped the dipseys at #3 settings back 120&130 then the show started. Myself and Ted went between both rods pulling in 8/9 keepers and a half dozen throw backs. Riggers pulled 2. One on a slider and the other from the ball down at 54 which is where the fish hawk detected the 65-69 temps. GAME OVER! Came back in to 38fow. Engaged the reactor40 and headed slowly to shore while @18Again and I cleaned, bagged the fillets and washed down the boat. Stopped at Stan’s where the ever cheerful and downright scrumptious slim tattooed young lady filled up the prestige with fuel. Boat docked and stuffed a double scooped funky monkey in a waffle cone down my yap while we drove into angling fishing. Dropped some coin on some more but not likely needed lures. That’s my story!

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 62
I have 11 life jackets on the boat. 7 under the seats in the cabin and 4 of the inflatable ones in a compartment on the fishing deck. Your recommendation makes perfect sense especially since my wife STILL loves me and wants me home after fishing!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks