Port Stanley Sat. AM walleye fishing

wallywalleye

Wow, what a difference a day makes. The fishing has been so good all week with very few farm animals etc. but today I drew a skunk for the first time in years. Nothing but sheep and silver bass continually with 1 lowly bow that jumped off on it's first jump. Today was a very humbling experience to say the least but no fish to clean.

Well that makes two of us. We were 0 on the pics today as well. 17 miles SW of Burwell. Today was the first time (out of burwell)I have come back with nothing in the boat.

That nasty South east wind must be the game changer.

Fisher-Price

I was told this and believe it to be very true.
Today the swells were high and close together. This makes the ground speed on a gps wrong in a sense. You end up trolling at that speed yet the lure speeds at 45 feet are much slower. Perfect for sheepies but the walleye ignore it

That nasty SE wind probably had a lot to do with it. I did try all different trolling speeds and almost everything in the tackle box but to no avail. I guess these kind of days will happen and good thing it's not to often. 8D

Well that makes me feel a little better about turning back this morning, made it about 6 miles out then headed back to port, the copilot wasn't a fan of the waves!

Same here we got out of Bruce about a mile and copilot got sick. The waves were. Coming from two directions making the boat really heave ho in both directions. Windfinder got it wrong this time

Well I'm not sure were you we're fishing but we did over 30 eyes from 6:30 am till 1:00. Fishing was hot. I would suggest getting a temp and speed probe

Reel Busy Sport Fishing
519-494-9308

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks