Port Stanley live

fireram

First time out of Stanley. noyoree our to 40 fow set up lines and trolled for 30 min. Saw nothing so going to go deeper and try around 50.
Launch had a line up on our arrival around 4:30.

Attachments

• 6066E55B-77CE-40DF-B7FA-ADEAD1C4112A.jpeg
    6066E55B-77CE-40DF-B7FA-ADEAD1C4112A.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 80
I went out of Port Stanley last night as well. A half hearted effort for fishing, seeing as I did not get on the water till7. Decided to go out o 35 fow, then headed east. Was that a mistake. I have never seen so many nets in my life. Must have been 6 in a row strung north south between Port Stanley and Port Bruce. Seemed as soon as I was getting set up, I would have to stop, and go north around the end of a net. Didn't hook anything, only marked 1. Was still nice to get out again. Maybe this weekend.

Hey @Ross17. We trolled back to 40 fow. And for sure lots of nets. And between those is where I took that pic of the bait ball on my sonar.

we ended up getting one nice walleye on a silver body bait on lead, while I was reeling it in to pack up.
No fish on finder until last half hour of daylight then they were everywhere. Not sure how they hide like that all day and then just show up.
Seen the same thing on a lake north of Sudbury. Troll all day see nothing. At sunset the finder comes alive.
It’s like they spend the day buried in the mud.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks