Fishing Report Port Stanley Aug 5th mid day

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got to the ramp around 10am was waiting to see if the tail end of those storms would clip Port Stanley and it didn’t.. then there was another little cell starting to the west that fizzled away thankfully

Headed out to my regular way points on fairly smooth water, once we got out deep had to slow down a little bit so we didn’t bounce too hard
Once we got to 66 fow put lines in
Oddly enough this was the first trip I wasn’t able to get all 4 lines in before getting a fish on!
Started up high only 25-30 feet down
But after a bit started dropping lines down to 35-45ft down and as soon as I did that it was fish after fish
At one point I noticed a rod go off it was the outside one started pulling it in and it wanted to cross to the middle so I was allowing it, but what I didn’t know is the inside rod had a fish on and had already tripped the dipsy so it was at or near surface and when the outside one crossed well you can probably imagine the tangle. As I’m reeling in this tangled mess the other inside rod starts going off so we netted the first two with the tangled mess and left that and dealt with the other rod and landed that one. So we landed the triple header and then I untangled the mess and on we went. As we got close to our limit I started being picky, ended up tossing back 8 smalls to get our limit and back to the ramp we headed
Most action was in 67fow
NASCAR
Purple chicken wing
Orange Hulk
RV wonder bread
Were the spoons of choice
Was a great afternoon glad I went and didn’t miss the opportunity to get out in my vacation

View attachment IMG_7162.MOV15BCC474-D6E9-4672-BDD5-2DB8CAA46598.jpegC4B0BBE9-7FA7-4EEA-8DFA-1F22DF5E5516.jpegCAF2EA8D-714E-43C9-9269-49FDDC26C24A.jpegCDC229BA-C44B-4523-85D4-D560D6C6DB13.jpeg7AAA13A8-8658-4137-ACF2-F90CDD88C46C.jpeg
View attachment IMG_7166.MOV
968B3801-5FD5-4F35-B73D-455B2F43726A.jpegEFBED958-B9C9-4B14-BA2D-27D5EDE5A9C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats a lot calmer than last night! Great update. I added to my checklist on shore winds greater than 15 knots needs 6 hrs to settle down. lol Looking forward to heading back out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
She went from never wanting to reel any in and only net them, to pushing me out of the way to get to the rod first!
This means only ONE THING- Whenever you go- SHE GOES!! The next one to come along and take a rod will be your cute sheppard! Got to love it Derk!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks