Fishing Report Port Stanley Aug 19th evening fish

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Interesting boat ramp experience with someone trying to cut the line and the lady behind us wasn’t having none of it so I took her back and we launched ahead of the line cutter hahaha thank you!

get the boat in the water turn the depth finder on…
Transducer not hooked up Wtf
Fiddled with it.. and no luck
Not really sure what’s up …
Anywho off we go in the direction we usually go..
once the land was hard to see we set lines..
some up high other two at our regular settings. 120 and 85 back
There was no real pattern with all rods firing here and there
The outside dipsy on the port side out 110 with the green hulk spoon took the most and the largest fish
the opposite outside rod took the second most on 3 setting back 75ft with silver streak snowball spoon

the other rods with various other spoons took a few fish.
We ended with 19 walleye to the boat kept 12

we lost two one really large walleye got off really close to the boat when the dipsy came out of the water and the flush thrashed getting off sending the spoon and dipsy at us in the boat!

1 sheep head which was peeling line like a rainbow got me excited for a moment as I really wanted a couple bows.. hahah oh well maybe next time whenever that may be.

On the way back in we nearly hit a massive log which I stopped turned around and we grabbed it out of the water and throw it on land. Didn’t want that to ruin someone’s day or night…. F7FB34D3-7584-45E3-9448-29C1AD8CB365.jpegFA74F3C9-2F0E-4A61-8465-7E7C2CB9525B.jpegD43C08C4-FAB5-4FB3-8D65-CC15823CEEC0.jpegB88C94B7-B395-4FB8-8EE4-A0A6838261A9.jpeg36781D6E-0D5C-4ABC-9447-2799500C3842.jpeg4E5FAF12-F7A6-4112-A8A2-1A88AD326DF8.jpeg14DA99F4-C414-4088-822A-8C71F99DC2C4.jpeg
View attachment IMG_6999.MOV

Interesting boat ramp experience with someone trying to cut the line and the lady behind us wasn’t having none of it so I took her back and we launched ahead of the line cutter hahaha thank you!

The outside dipsy on the port side out 110 with the green hulk spoon took the most and the largest fish
the opposite outside rod took the second most on 3 setting back 75ft with silver streak snowball spoon

we lost two one really large walleye got off really close to the boat when the dipsy came out of the water and the flush thrashed getting off sending the spoon and dipsy at us in the boat!

1 sheep head which was peeling line like a rainbow got me excited for a moment as I really wanted a couple bows.. hahah oh well maybe next time whenever that may be.

On the way back in we nearly hit a massive log which I stopped turned around and we grabbed it out of the water and throw it on land. Didn’t want that to ruin someone’s day or night…. View attachment 48243View attachment 48244View attachment 48245View attachment 48246View attachment 48249View attachment 48250View attachment 48251
View attachment 48248
Beauty fish, hoping for similar success in the AM with your guidance!

Beauty fish, hoping for similar success in the AM with your guidance!
Good luck!
I have faith in you! 😃
Last Saturday morning Slancy and I caught just as many in half the amount of time.
if you have glow spoons use them.
and get there as early as you can
We were fishing in 60fow when the sun came up.

I'd like to hear the line cutter story over a few beers as I have my own to share.... Well done on the log👍

We have to get together soon 👍
I have to work this weekend. 😔
But we should talk soon about getting together for some beers 🍻

can’t get every log but that one I zipped by within a few feet so I thought that was a good one to grab 😊

I forgot to mention the big catch of the night..

A huge ball of grassy weeds!

I just finished letting line out and put the rod in the rod holder
The line on the reel started making really weird noise

then I grabbed the rod and tried reeling and it wouldn’t come.. righted the stage some holy shit am I snagged is there a net?
looking around don’t see any sign of a net.. keep reeling eventually see it’s grass!
Oh thank goodness lol didn’t want to lose my new spoons lol

On the way back in we nearly hit a massive log which I stopped turned around and we grabbed it out of the water and throw it on land. Didn’t want that to ruin someone’s day or night…. View attachment 48243View attachment 48244View attachment 48245View attachment 48246View attachment 48249View attachment 48250View attachment 48251
View attachment 48248
We seen the line cutter and the lady approach him after he went in the launch area backwards cutting in front of a couple of boats. That launch is a breeding ground for folks that can’t follow the rules of common sense. Glad she educated him. We were 60-68 feet, lines 130, got 2 man limit in a couple hours; spoons of any sort were good, except nascar didn’t win any races.

We seen the line cutter and the lady approach him after he went in the launch area backwards cutting in front of a couple of boats. That launch is a breeding ground for folks that can’t follow the rules of common sense. Glad she educated him. We were 60-68 feet, lines 130, got 2 man limit in a couple hours; spoons of any sort were good, except nascar didn’t win any races.
nice, yah I was the truck in front of her.

Funny one of his arguments was asking us if we got our parking pass yet????
Like that’s last step bud not first step.

You going to cut the line
Launch your damn boat and get out the way

instead he stops for an argument.. sorry but you going to do that be prepared to get punched in the face if you going to get in mine

we saw a bigger log with bark in 67ft there last Sunday, saw it at the last moment, it was going towards the downrigger cable, I pushed it off with my hand and it cleared it, had a leadcore line tangle with it for some time but managed to shake it off.

we saw a bigger log with bark in 67ft there last Sunday, saw it at the last moment, it was going towards the downrigger cable, I pushed it off with my hand and it cleared it, had a leadcore line tangle with it for some time but managed to shake it off.
All those strong winds last week really jarred some crap loose

On the way back in we nearly hit a massive log which I stopped turned around and we grabbed it out of the water and throw it on land. Didn’t want that to ruin someone’s day or night….

That's awesome, on behalf of everyone thank you.

+99 karma points.

instead he stops for an argument.. sorry but you going to do that be prepared to get punched in the face if you going to get in mine

I thought I heard him say he’d been in the parking lot for an hour, not sure doing what maybe reading on how to pay, but just because you sat there doesn’t mean you jump ahead past the line up. Almost looked like the lady was ready to lay him out anyways! Kudos to her !

yah she was choked up for sure
Said it happens to them everytime they are there
First time I experienced it, I was more in the mind set of if you’re going to go than go because I’m ready, but would prefer to avoid confrontation. Start to piss me off when he stopped and wanted to argue…
Work keeps me from launching when I want
Don’t need some fool making it even later hahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks