Port Rowan Pike Video

Braggin Rights

Hey all!

As mentioned in an earlier thread we managed to get out and film a pike video from Port Rowan. I’m 100% certain that all of these tactics would work anywhere on the bay. If you do go out and target gators on the bay, consider letting some of them swim free for another day. I don’t think they can sustain a beating like the perch do. Hope you enjoy the video!

Cheers,
Ryan and Averie

Great video guys 👍 As a middle aged dad dragging out my stuff on foot I've been looking into the coffee table hinge type of Smitty since I have a flip hut to make the trek out easier and dropping the tub quickly to the ice.

Great video Ryan and Averie. Makes me want to take my daughter pike fishing. Where do you buy your pike minnows if you don't mind me asking?

I agree. I think there are plenty of little pike out of there but very few big ones. Definitely good to let bigger ones go
Yep… we don’t really care to eat pike so much. It’s mostly catch and release for us unless they get fit hooked or something of the sort.

Excellent catch and release Ryan and Averie. Great video also👍👍
Thanks Three Bouys!

Great video guys 👍 As a middle aged dad dragging out my stuff on foot I've been looking into the coffee table hinge type of Smitty since I have a flip hut to make the trek out easier and dropping the tub quickly to the ice.
Yeah I talked to Ave about it tonight… I think we’re 100% modifying our sleds during the off-season. It’s just too hard… we use a 12x6 insulated hut because there’s more room for filming, but it weighs a tonne and I bring an absurd amount of camera gear and batteries out there so we have to do something to make it easier next winter.

Great video Ryan and Averie. Makes me want to take my daughter pike fishing. Where do you buy your pike minnows if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks muskrat… it’s a lot of fun when you get into them. More downtime in-between fish but a movie, or snacks, or a board game or something fills the gap. I’m happy to just stare at the mega live screen all day myself. haha

Very cool video... IMO in cold water and cleaned properly a 4-8lb pike makes fantastic tablefare...

Very cool video... IMO in cold water and cleaned properly a 4-8lb pike makes fantastic tablefare...
Yeah my Dad loves eating them. I’m just not a fan. I don’t even really like the bigger walleye we catch trolling on Erie. Grew up eating smaller in-land walleye in Northern Ontario. Now that we live here I’m partial to perch, crappie and Bluegill. The rest are all just sportfish to me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks