Port Maitland Walleye

fishhook

Is anyone still getting Walleye out near Port Maitland. Was planing a trip out Saturday if the weather is good Any replies would be much appreciated..

Last edited:
I launched there last Sunday & fished west of there in 60 - 80 fow. We got a small rainbow, 5 lb eye & an 8 lb laker. Caught the laker straight out from Maitland in 70 fow close to bottom.

fished west of maitland on Wednesday toward Nanticoke. 90 - 110 fow. 9 eyes, all big fish. had 7 by 11am and then they turned off. the water is starting to cool and the fish will scatter accordingly. one thing I noticed for the very first time was a distinct thermocline on my fishfinder down near the bottom with lots of fish holding just above it. really cool to see. caught half the fish 30-40 down, the rest down deep. all on worm harnesses of all colors. cranks didn't work that day. best day of the year with light winds and no flies. they are still there. go get em.

I was out last evening out of Maintland. They are still there. We got 3 nice walters (plus 4 sheep and a white bass). 86-90FOW. Had the riggers right on bottom. Dispeys were quiet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks