Port Maitland/ Rock Point

jamieharrower24

This coming long wknd Ive been roped into going down to Rock Point PP and I notice there is a boat launch on the east side of river near the park. Ive never been down there before. Usually always at Long Point PP. Anybody have info on this area and the river there ? I might as well bring my smaller 15' boat if theres easy access to water and a chance to clean some lures. Any tips or advice for that area greatly appreciated.

Jamie

Know that area well. Mohawk island is a go to spot for smallies. There some good perch around ( or least there was before the great perch collapse of erie ). There are walleye in the river right up the dam. Trolling worm harness or cranks been good for me. If weather is calm you can make it to mohawk island . Troll around on drops for walleye. Lots of other fish around as well. Good luck and keep us posted

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks