Fishing Report Port Maitland Aug.21

gilfisher

Got out today and decided to change things up instead of the usual run to the fingers which is not really producing big numbers and went west of port in 40 to 52 fow to an old way point from years ago. Best decision I made 2 man limit in box threw 3 dinks back to get bigger and lost 8 😮..need to sharpen those hooks 🙄..Ran harness down 35ft..bbq chicken got all but 1. Man was it hot no wind 🔥..I seen a lot of boats at tecumseh on the west side not sure how they did but wasn't joining the party 😎..I had my spot pretty much by myself 👍lots of boats flying by me heading to reef.. anyway all fish were 3 to 7 lb range and now it's time to eat 😁🍻🎣

Attachments

• Resized_20210821_121250.jpeg
    Resized_20210821_121250.jpeg
    631.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210821_121325.jpg
    20210821_121325.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 79
Well done Gilfisher! That's a great sign. I've struggled like most out of Maitland this year. Got impatient and went to Burwell Friday. I may have to give Maitland another try. :unsure:

Well got out again today..same spot same methods as yesterday same result 2 man limit only difference was the didn't start to bite until 9am ..finished off with a triple header what a shit show that was 😆...figured that was a good time to wrap it up ..🍻🎣

Attachments

• Resized_20210822_113818.jpeg
    Resized_20210822_113818.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210822_114156.jpg
    20210822_114156.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 22
Got out today and decided to change things up instead of the usual run to the fingers which is not really producing big numbers and went west of port in 40 to 52 fow to an old way point from years ago. Best decision I made 2 man limit in box threw 3 dinks back to get bigger and lost 8 😮..need to sharpen those hooks 🙄..Ran harness down 35ft..bbq chicken got all but 1. Man was it hot no wind 🔥..I seen a lot of boats at tecumseh on the west side not sure how they did but wasn't joining the party 😎..I had my spot pretty much by myself 👍lots of boats flying by me heading to reef.. anyway all fish were 3 to 7 lb range and now it's time to eat 😁🍻🎣
I was out there a week or so ago after a buddy told me they were catching their limit. I stayed in about 30 FOW and got nothing. Hardly even marked fish. Were you east of the Tecumseh Reef and how far? Like you I haven't had much luck at the fingers this year, only a couple. Maybe it's time to take up another sport, say tiddlywinks 😊

I was out there a week or so ago after a buddy told me they were catching their limit. I stayed in about 30 FOW and got nothing. Hardly even marked fish. Were you east of the Tecumseh Reef and how far? Like you I haven't had much luck at the fingers this year, only a couple. Maybe it's time to take up another sport, say tiddlywinks 😊
Couple miles east of tecumseh..40 to 52 fow

Thanks to Fish Farmer and gilfisher and all the rest for there maitland reports. my wife has ALS and i am not abel to just get out like most. So the reports are what i use to better my chances on caching fish. Got out yesterday in my 16 foot aluminum and finaly got one. On silver and blue willow leaf worm harness. In 40 feet of water. Not a limit but good for me. Thank

@gilfisher... good fishing Dave about time you guys in the east started getting some limits too. (y) 😁
Thanks Bob 👍there are still guys struggling out there...usually 70 to 90 fow on fire this time of year but the fish had other plans. Last Aug I was dragging bottem in 80fow with a slow troll 1.5 mph and doing well. This Aug. most fish in 30 to 60 and suspending well off bottem. Plus I've had to increase troll speed to 1.9 to 2.3 mph to get them to fire. Just feels good to finally get them dialed in..I was almost ready to sell my boat it was so frustrating 🤣🤣 anyway cheers and fish on 🍻🎣

Nice fish! I'm back in town and looking to fish (weather permitting). You still fishing east of Tecumseh?
Yes..got out yesterday and we boxed 6 and lost 6 🙄..had my wife daughter and father inlaw with me was a bit of a shit show 😆..went for a boat ride to cool off and shake off the biting flies 😡anyway went to see what was happening out at the fingers and not a sniff was marking a ton on the bottem but I dont believe they are walleye or very few. No migrating fish IMO..🍻🎣

Yes..got out yesterday and we boxed 6 and lost 6 🙄..had my wife daughter and father inlaw with me was a bit of a shit show 😆..went for a boat ride to cool off and shake off the biting flies 😡anyway went to see what was happening out at the fingers and not a sniff was marking a ton on the bottem but I dont believe they are walleye or very few. No migrating fish IMO..🍻🎣
Thanks for the update. I'm heading down today for the weekend. Like you , I've marked fish at the fingers but have only caught 3.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks