Fishing Report Port Glasgow Walleye & Bows June 17th

Congrats Bob. Made it out as well but targeted perch. 16 keepers and about 60 Rock Bass. Added a pike when the smaller fish stopped biting. A few casts with a jig and the pike wasn't scaring away the perch any more. Not many walleye being reported in our neck of the woods yet. Basically still a Lake Trout fishery off-shore.

@Duck Soup... Congrats also Arnie, those perch and Rockies are hard to beat for sweet table fare. I've pretty much given up on perch down my way. Every time we go by the guys fishing on the Glasgow pier we ask "any perch" and the answer is always nothing. Sad as it used to be fantastic for perch for as long as I can remember. Hopefully the walleye will reach you soon and good luck fishing this season. (y)

Those rock bass are sweet eating. The americans used to come over in droves to Mitchells bay this time of year and target rockies. I think they knew something....

Darren and I went for our 4th trip this morning and had a much better day fishing. (y) After hearing reports the last couple of days some were catching them in 30-35 fow so that's where we started. We marked lots of bait but absolutely no fish but we trolled anyway with zero results. :unsure: I just worked our way out to deeper water and we found them in 65 ft. and game on. In the next 2 hours we went 13-15 on walleye throwing the 13th back for our 2-man limit and 4-6 on bows one being about 9 lbs. So 5 fish came off the riggers down 35-40 ft. including 1 bow and the rest came off the #1 Dipsys back 65-70 ft. The 2 hot spoons were SS Mini BQQ chicken/copper back and GLS Blueberry Muffin/copper back. The Ripplin Redfins were dead except for the 1 bow on a Gold/black off the rigger. We had one triple header and 1 double header mixed with jumping bows which made things interesting. 🤪 The 2 bows we lost spit the hook cartwheeling across the back of the boat in the prop wash while trying to get the net under them. 🙃 Water temp was 63F and GPS speed was 2.7-3.0 mph and the lake was gorgeous. Seen about 8 boats out fishing from in close to about 70 fow. No one was at the dock when we came in except a guy just trying out his "new to him" boat so not sure how the others made out that were still out there. All in all it was a spectacular day to be fishing on Erie. 😍:happy:

View attachment 43348View attachment 43349View attachment 43351
Nice fishing, It's about time the fishing is starting to get good, thanks for the info as well

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks