Fishing Report Port Glasgow Sept. 29th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren and I gave Glasgow a shot yesterday morning with hopes there were some fish still around after all the storms. Adding to that an east wind to start we didn't have much hope of getting too much but after 3 weeks off the water we didn't care we just wanted out. I was totally shocked after starting in 53 ft. the amount of fish and bait we were marking all through water column from top to bottom. In fact the most we have marked this year to date by far. They certainly had lock jaw though as we tried everything in the box at every depth and speed but just picked one here and one there all the way out to 73 ft. Started trolling back in when a big bow just about ripped the rod holder off the boat. :jawdrop: I had the rod in my hand for about 10 seconds before he come off. :( It was such a beauty day out we just decided to keep fishing until we had to leave to go in at 1:30 pm. At 1:20 I started pulling the rods and first rigger I kicked off immediately got hit with a nice walleye which I barely got in the net before both Dipsys went off with 2 more walleye for a triple header. We only had 5 up until that point so go figure they would start biting just when we had to leave. :rolleyes: So we ended the day with 8 nice walleye and 1 bow and great thing was not a single junk fish either.👍 Nothing worked better than anything else but most fish came off the riggers down 45 ft. and the #1 Dipsys on #3 setting back 110-120 ft. All caught on 3 1/4 inch spoons, nothing on body baits but that's nothing new for us this season. GPS speed 2.5-2.8 mph worked best. :)

The only let down on this gorgeous day was at launch when we returned. When we got there in the morning a guy had slipped and hit his head very hard when he was unhooking his boat at the launch. So when we come in I was aware how slippery it was going to be when I tried to winch the boat out. Even though I was hanging on to the trailer real good as I started winching my feet pulled right out out from underneath me like I was standing on grease. My right leg went forward slamming my new knee replacement into the tongue while my left leg which isn't that great either folded backwards under me as I went down hard on the concrete twisting my leg under me as I slid under the tongue. I couldn't even pull myself up to get my leg out from under me because it was impossible to get any kind of footing so I forced myself over onto my side and that's when I think I pulled some muscles in my back and side to complicate things even more. I then had to drag myself up the ramp where I grabbed the inside of the rear fender and with Darren's help finally got to my feet. Now I had to go try and winch the boat on again which I was able to do by wedging one foot against the hitch while hanging on the trailer with my left hand. As we travelled home everything started hurting hurting big time to where I'm using the walker to get around the house I had for my knee replacement surgery last Feb. That's the reason for my late report I was hurting too bad last night. I'm going to laid up for a few days I'm sure but I don't think I have any serious injury at this point but time will tell I guess. I just thank God that right knee is steel because I sure slammed that steel tongue hard. 😬 Scrapped a little meat off but doesn't seem too worse for the wear so far this morning. 👍 :)

PXL_20210929_122805479.jpgPXL_20210929_131336153.jpgPXL_20210929_172358386.jpgPXL_20210929_164707132.jpg
PXL_20210805_144817959.jpg

Ouch! That's really unfortunate Bob, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Pleased to hear the fish Gods shone some favour on you and your day.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the hull of mine so it won't be going back in the water until next year

That's a great late season cooler. 😁

Crikey @Wave Runner... that sounds like a very dangerous situation at the ramp. You think that the PGYC would take some action with at least 2 customers going down hard!

Thank goodness you didn't come home empty-handed to add insult to injury. Take care!

Glad you guys got into some fish there Bob and hope your pain subsides with time. That ramp is always very slippery. You would think with the amount of money the marina makes off of us they would install some no slip down the ramp. Anyway get better my friend.

Glad you guys got into some fish there Bob and hope your pain subsides with time. That ramp is always very slippery. You would think with the amount of money the marina makes off of us they would install some no slip down the ramp. Anyway get better my friend.
Crikey @Wave Runner... that sounds like a very dangerous situation at the ramp. You think that the PGYC would take some action with at least 2 customers going down hard!

Thank goodness you didn't come home empty-handed to add insult to injury. Take care!
Thanks guys and yes PGYC needs to something with that ramp for sure before someone gets very seriously injured or worse. 😱 I've never seen the ramp anywhere near that slippery before.

I like the report but I don't like hearing about your wipe out! ouch sorry to hear that hoping for quick recovery for you!

@Wave Runner.. WOW that sure was a big one !!!! Don't take chances of injury, get to help soon if not getting better fast. This from an older fisherman, get well soon and a GREAT CATCH..

Thanks guys I appreciate all the well wishes regarding my fall. I was planning on fishing again tomorrow because there's so many fish and I just have this feeling they will be biting before the winds go to crap again starting Saturday all through next week. I'm not able at this point but anybody that can get out I think you will have great day catching fish if you go. I'm sure it will be the last chance before they are gone for the season. :)

Darren and I gave Glasgow a shot yesterday morning with hopes there were some fish still around after all the storms. Adding to that an east wind to start we didn't have much hope of getting too much but after 3 weeks off the water we didn't care we just wanted out. I was totally shocked after starting in 53 ft. the amount of fish and bait we were marking all through water column from top to bottom. In fact the most we have marked this year to date by far. They certainly had lock jaw though as we tried everything in the box at every depth and speed but just picked one here and one there all the way out to 73 ft. Started trolling back in when a big bow just about ripped the rod holder off the boat. :jawdrop: I had the rod in my hand for about 10 seconds before he come off. :( It was such a beauty day out we just decided to keep fishing until we had to leave to go in at 1:30 pm. At 1:20 I started pulling the rods and first rigger I kicked off immediately got hit with a nice walleye which I barely got in the net before both Dipsys went off with 2 more walleye for a triple header. We only had 5 up until that point so go figure they would start biting just when we had to leave. :rolleyes: So we ended the day with 8 nice walleye and 1 bow and great thing was not a single junk fish either.👍 Nothing worked better than anything else but most fish came off the riggers down 45 ft. and the #1 Dipsys on #3 setting back 110-120 ft. All caught on 3 1/4 inch spoons, nothing on body baits but that's nothing new for us this season. GPS speed 2.5-2.8 mph worked best. :)

The only let down on this gorgeous day was at launch when we returned. When we got there in the morning a guy had slipped and hit his head very hard when he was unhooking his boat at the launch. So when we come in I was aware how slippery it was going to be when I tried to winch the boat out. Even though I was hanging on to the trailer real good as I started winching my feet pulled right out out from underneath me like I was standing on grease. My right leg went forward slamming my new knee replacement into the tongue while my left leg which isn't that great either folded backwards under me as I went down hard on the concrete twisting my leg under me as I slid under the tongue. I couldn't even pull myself up to get my leg out from under me because it was impossible to get any kind of footing so I forced myself over onto my side and that's when I think I pulled some muscles in my back and side to complicate things even more. I then had to drag myself up the ramp where I grabbed the inside of the rear fender and with Darren's help finally got to my feet. Now I had to go try and winch the boat on again which I was able to do by wedging one foot against the hitch while hanging on the trailer with my left hand. As we travelled home everything started hurting hurting big time to where I'm using the walker to get around the house I had for my knee replacement surgery last Feb. That's the reason for my late report I was hurting too bad last night. I'm going to laid up for a few days I'm sure but I don't think I have any serious injury at this point but time will tell I guess. I just thank God that right knee is steel because I sure slammed that steel tongue hard. 😬 Scrapped a little meat off but doesn't seem too worse for the wear so far this morning. 👍 :)

View attachment 50338View attachment 50339View attachment 50340View attachment 50341
View attachment 50343
I hope that you will be feeling better really soon, WaveRunner.

View attachment 50338View attachment 50339View attachment 50340View attachment 50341
View attachment 50343
Hope you recover quickly Robert that an awful way to end a beautiful day. All the best.

Great fishing report...not so great personal injury report though. Stanley was becoming rather greasy before all the weather took over and did a couple ass plants myself. Took a handful of #10 s.s. screws and drove them through the sandals...studded sandals did the trick!
Wishing you a speedy 100% recovery Wave Runner.👍👍

Wave Runner:
Talk about our peaks and valleys. Spectacular fishing day and great report. I was so sorry to hear about that slip and fall. I sure hope you have a speedy recovery and that the dominant memory of the day turns out to be the fishing 🤕

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks