Off Topic Port Glasgow Mess

If it is just a matter of people not starting the pump prior to shovelling walleye down the tubes, spend a little more money and put in a motion detector system that turns on the pump when ever some one is under the canopy and off when they leave, to make it idiot proof.

Last edited:
having watched the entertaining (for a few minutes) examples of backing up / setting up at the ramp, I'm gonna guess the same folks don't understand the fish cleaning station version of a garburator. If it ain't on tiktok, .......... it's a shame. I used the station one time and was disappointed by a few around the table. I take 'em home and clean 'em there. off the bone, into the fridge, tin foil, or vacuum sealer, as the case may be.

And that's why I clean my fish at home ,
I dont have to put up with others mess , Flys, bacteria growth from who knows how long decomposing carcass, no waiting, air-conditioned aria,
And I can take all the time I want as well the fish goes from ice to ice bath for filet and packing
My boat is not set up to clean on the water
For solution to the problem I don't see one as behavior hard to change in people in adult hood

ya a motion detector would definitely help with the plugging problem but I believe the tank would fill too fast with the amount of water that runs when it’s on, right now it shuts off every minute or so then you turn it back on before you put fish in

Reactions: GPS
ya a motion detector would definitely help with the plugging problem but I believe the tank would fill too fast with the amount of water that runs when it’s on, right now it shuts off every minute or so then you turn it back on before you put fish in
It’s a simple process but there is too many stupid people in the world
This is an example where AI would be a good thing. Have a computer run the machine for the dummies

I’ve used it a couple times and it’s a beauty setup. Easy to run. That is disgusting I wonder who the last guy was that though it was ok to keep stacking carcasses.

I also clean the fish on the water it’s easy and gets me back on the road home faster.

I like the camera idea.

Not sure if it’s possible but could you set up the parking pass to turn it on? Between that and a motion camera you would know who is using it.
It wouldn’t cover a seasons pass but I have my doubts this is seasonal residents.

I got to use that awesome fish cleaning station for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The instructions are right there and easy to understand. Most of the time I take my fish home because there are usually lots of anglers waiting to use the station. Maybe there are too many people using the station at one time? Perhaps someone needs to be in charge of the grinder like a key which can be handed off to next lucky anglers....

The problem is not only with the people that can’t figure cleaning station out but more so with the people that keep using it after it’s plugged and feel it’s their right to just pile up the carcasses, that should be considered littering

You might want to check with the people running the cleaning stations in Port Elgin, Kincardine, Southampton, Owen Sound, etc. to see how they solved this problem. I know some locations have made arrangements with furriers to remove the waste daily. There are always people who are going to screw up these
gifts.

Do any of their transactions use barcodes?

Any possibility of adding a scanner to activate the system., Maybe narrow down the offenders.

Summer student periodic walkthrough to catch it before it blows up.

It would suck for responsible users to lose it, it would be more than appropriate for inconsiderates to lose the use of it. 🌻

I have not use the cleaning. I take my fish home to clean. Is a phone number you can call, if you notice there's a problem with the cleaning station? I'm sure there is someone from the PGYC, that's checking the vehicles have played their ramp fees. Could this person also check the cleaning station when they are checking vehicles?

With the grinder turning off automatically to conserve water, maybe a green flashing light could be mounted under the canopy and have it turn on and off with the grinder. That way people with poor hearing or people just to focussed on the task of cleaning fish might clue in that the grinder has shutoff and they need to restart it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks