Fishing Report Port Glasgow live - June 11

Puddle Jumper

Launched around 7 am

Stopped and looked for marks on way out ....started marking fish in 46 for....set 3 rods ...2 dipsy and an 8 colour lead

1st fish in 5 min .....
No 3 in the live well and missed 2 screamers

2 on wonderbread spoon on dipsy 80 back
1/ 2 ....chartreuse backed pink panty spoon on dipsy 75 back
50 fow20230611_073955.jpg

Landed 9 and missed a bunch of hits

No real pattern....tried different sett ups and lures

5 & 8 colour each got 1 with body baits
Rigger down 40 got 1 with nascar spoon ....dipsys taking most fish ....65- 110 back
Winner so far is a shoehorn wonderbread spoon

I am thinking Wednesday for my next trip out. Hospital tomorrow for me and Tuesday does not look good weather wise so planning on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you puddle jumper for a great start to our walleye season. I know its early but we still managed to fill the box! Wonderbread and this other spoon which I need to figure out the name of was great. Most fish seemed to be 49-51 FOW.

We had to work for them today with no pattern.

Changed set-ups , depth and lures constantly

5 & 8 colour both got 1 with body baits
Rigger got 1 ...down 30' with nascar spoon
Dipsy # 1 got 3 on all different spoons ....58-75 back
Dipsy # 2 got the rest ....shoehorn wonderbread got majority and similar to pickle seed spoon got 1 or 2 back 75 - 110

We caught fish in 48 - 52 fow
We found following the contour line in 51 fow produced most marks and hook-ups.

Our bigger fish came on the deeper lines20230611_132025.jpg20230611_174236.jpg

Thankyou Scrimmy for your detailed reports as it gave us a great starting point ....first fish hit within minutes .... then 2 more shortly after

Thankyou to everyone who shared information.

It gave us a good starting point and strategy.

Although not everyone we talked to where doing well , even that information helped us to stick it out and grind away in the same area , instead of going searching , like allot of boats around us seemed to he doing .

Thanks again and I always appreciate the help and info

Thank you puddle jumper for a great start to our walleye season. I know its early but we still managed to fill the box! Wonderbread and this other spoon which I need to figure out the name of was great. Most fish seemed to be 49-51 FOW.
If you post a picture of the other spoon, someone here will recognize it !

We had to work for them today with no pattern.

Changed set-ups , depth and lures constantly

5 & 8 colour both got 1 with body baits
Rigger got 1 ...down 30' with nascar spoon
Dipsy # 1 got 3 on all different spoons ....58-75 back
Dipsy # 2 got the rest ....shoehorn wonderbread got majority and similar to pickle seed spoon got 1 or 2 back 75 - 110

We caught fish in 48 - 52 fow
We found following the contour line in 51 fow produced most marks and hook-ups.

Our bigger fish came on the deeper linesView attachment 74404View attachment 74405

Thankyou Scrimmy for your detailed reports as it gave us a great starting point ....first fish hit within minutes .... then 2 more shortly after
Great catch Puddle Jumper. Glad I could be a bit helpful on your search for fish.

Same report here - started in 40 FOW ended up with 2 farm animals on a harness. Motored out to deeper water (55 +/-) and picked up 4 eyes in a matter of an hour. 1 dink and the others ranged from 3-5lbs. All on a "0" dipsey set to 1, 110 feet back on a blk/copper and silver/blue spoons. Nothing on RRF.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks