Fishing Report Port Glasgow June 4th Morning

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A friend and I headed to Glasgow from my house at 5 am thinking of getting an early start. Well that went out the window once I pulled the cover off to my surprise no net or tackle boxes could be found. I took everything out the other day to clean the buggy mess in the boat from out last trip putting everything back or so I thought but somehow missed some rather important gear. :rolleyes: So unhooked the boat and back home I went while Darren stayed with the boat returning 45 minutes later to try another shot at it. Then the stupid pay machine won't work so had to go all the way around to the other side of the marina and pay at the other launch then back to the other launch where we finally get launched which now is 6:30 am. Some days it don't pay to get out bed. ;) We went 11 for 11 on walleye and missed a bow that jumped off before Darren even got the rod in his hand. All the walleye were between 18 and 27 inches caught in 25-27 fow right off the bottom. Found out later at the dock one guy got them flatlining RRFs only 6 ft. down in 30 fow. Never marked anything that high but of course being that close to the surface the boat would scatter them outside before the finder could ever mark them anyway. Darren just loved it taking in all the fresh air on the lake after being cooped up for that last 2 months like the rest of us. The lake was perfectly great so a very pleasant morning to be fishing and not too many bugs this time out. ??

Bled out and well iced down Erie gold
IMG_20200604_152315.jpg

Great report. It is alot better then what most of us had to go throught today. Myself...hours in the office...driving around to meet customers for future projects, drafting up quotes (dreaming about being on the lake) checking to make sure my stuff is fabricated...checking this site to see who has been catching and where. I think it is time to book holidays

Nice to see a cooler full of fish for you and Darren especially with having to go back and retrieve some gear.Oops.11 for 11 is great.What was your program if you don't mind me asking?Thanks.

nice catch and good report wave runner..there should be abunch of commercial nets there real soon ..as they always seem to show up after good reports on here...

Nice job there @Wave Runner as usual, great report,,, I'm gonna wait a couple weeks to go after the we wittle walleye wascals,,,,hoping to get out somewhere perch fishing sunday with the misses...cheers..

nice catch and good report wave runner..there should be abunch of commercial nets there real soon ..as they always seem to show up after good reports on here...

They were out there 3 weeks ago.. now they aren’t leaving the erieau area.. no need to travel that far

Nice to see a cooler full of fish for you and Darren especially with having to go back and retrieve some gear.Oops.11 for 11 is great.What was your program if you don't mind me asking?Thanks.
Hey don't mind you asking at all glad to help out whenever I can. Because we were in very shallow 25-27 fow seeing fish hugging the bottom I had riggers down 23-25 ft. with 100 ft. leads and #1 Dipsys on #3 setting back only 50-60 ft. Most of the fish were caught on Knock Out & SS Mini spoons in Tequila Sunrise and a few on RRFs in blue/silver & black/gold. If I was going tomorrow I would forgo my Dipsys and run planer boards with just shallow running hard baits like RRFs after finding out many walleye are up extremely high in the water column. Hope that helps and agree with @Chipper1 no need to go as far as Erieau lots of fish at Glasgow right now. Good luck on your next trip out. ?
1591360146698.png

Hi,
Do you have to be a member of the Yacht Club to launch?
What is the cost? Do they accept credit cards or bills?
Great catch,
Adrian

Hi,
Do you have to be a member of the Yacht Club to launch?
What is the cost? Do they accept credit cards or bills?
Great catch,
Adrian
No Adrian you don't have to be member. The launch fee is $15 at the pay machine right at the launch with credit card or debit then put the receipt up front on the dash when parking. I suggest you turn right at the bottom of the hill and use the west launch which is well protected. The mostly unprotected double east side launch can be nasty on a strong south wind so I always avoid it. ;):)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks