Fishing Report Port Glasgow June 22

smokey1

Finally made it out for the first trip today with my girls. Catch and release today.

A bit late of a start, but reading the reports I was sure we were going to catch fish going there. Bought my ticket at 11:59am, waited for 2 boats loading and were in.

Headed out to 30-40 feet, maybe 2 miles out , turned the autopilot on that I have been working on and hoped for the best and dam, this set up I have is the cats meow, lol.

Life can now be spent encouraging and coaching my kids on fishing with just a glance now and then that were not going to hit anyone, the 180 turns are a bit sharp to pull 6 or 8 leaded rods but using the 10 degree dodge button will make it like magic.

As I told my girls on the way, first spoon out will have orange for the bows, and wouldn't you know it, I was twirling my line to put it into a chamberlin release and were on, a small 14 inch rainbow.

5 walleye were the other catches, downrigger down 20, smelt realimage bodybait, silver doliphin on a green dipsey out 80, pinkpanties,nascar off the rigger 30 to 40 down off my linecounter , maybe 80 from the ball and finally we had 5 colour out on a board with a spoon that took one.

All in all a great day as you can see you could easily stand on the swim platform to retrieve the catches of the day. On the trailer at 4.

IMG_0222.JPGIMG_0273.JPGIMG_0272.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0246.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks