Fishing Report Port Glasgow, Canada Day

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
On the water 5:25 am, probably among the first 10 boats, 4 rods stacked on downrigger. Started trolling 5:55 am, and immediately got a rainbow after first downrigger was set up.

By 9 am still only 1 rainbow in the boat, probably because I was targeting mostly bottom, but around 9 am set all rods on 35-45 ft depth, by 10 am 3 more walleyes, and by noon 11 walleyes and 2 rainbows, were 1 short of 2 man walleye limit.

7 walleyes came off pink perch small lure (4 walleyes within 30 minutes), 2 off blueberry muffin (the bigger one, with a yellow end), 1 off blue RRF, 1 off gold RRF, first time I had 0 fish off worm rigs. The rainbows came off green NK lures with a small dodger.

We were in the 68-70 fow, almost all but 1 walleye were off 40ft depth or so. Trolling speeds were 2.0-2.5 MPH.

Oh and one more thing... Happy Canada Day! :) ???

Great report Vumarin was it bumpy out there today?That pink perch is that a spoon.Thanks

Great report Vumarin was it bumpy out there today?That pink perch is that a spoon.Thanks
No, not bumpy at all, 20cm waves or so. Yes this is a spoon. It is the Great Lakes Spoons (the smaller ones, like 3.5-4 inch) that one can buy in Natural Sports or Angling Outfitters.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks