Fishing Report Port Glasgow Aug. 24th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We tried new territory today with much better success. Got our 2 man limit of nice fat wallys and 1 bow while throwing back I don't how many little punks (15?). ;) Only lost a couple with 3 sheep besides to annoy us.👍 Fished 66-69 fow with riggers down 40 ft. and Dipsys 115-140 ft. The best spoons were GLS Mixed Berry Muffin and SS MIni "Lights Out." We also caught a few on a small Moonshine Tangerine tiger spoon and a couple on a blue/silver Husky Jerk but nothing on RRFs once again. Perfect lake conditions and we got off the water before the heat came with no one at the launch when we came in. 👍😁 Hoping to be out again on Thursday.

PXL_20210824_104434920.jpgPXL_20210824_160634470.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!
I tried to go last night but the wind wasn’t cooperating.
at least I got my depth finder sorted out
The transducer came in plugged from the back
Likely when I stuffed a life jacket under the compartment where the wires pass threw!

We tried new territory today with much better success. Got our 2 man limit of nice fat wallys and 1 bow while throwing back I don't how many little punks (15?). ;)Only lost a couple with 3 sheep besides to annoy us.👍 Fished 66-69 fow with riggers down 40 ft. and Dipsys 115-140 ft. The best spoons were GLS Mixed Berry Muffin and SS MIni "Lights Out." We also caught a few on a small Moonshine Tangerine tiger spoon and a couple on a blue/silver Husky Jerk but nothing on RRFs once again. Perfect lake conditions and we got off the water before the heat came with no one at the launch when we came in. 👍😁 Hoping to be out again on Thursday.

View attachment 48616View attachment 48617
Great fishing @waverunner. Hard to believe that the rrf's don't produce for you as I have been using them all year with great success. Anyway great day on the water for you guys. I am planning on tomorrow with an old work buddy who has never been rigger fishing so it should be an interesting day, lol

Great fishing @waverunner. Hard to believe that the rrf's don't produce for you as I have been using them all year with great success. Anyway great day on the water for you guys. I am planning on tomorrow with an old work buddy who has never been rigger fishing so it should be an interesting day, lol
Yeah I'm at a total loss why the RRFs are not producing for us this year??? It doesn't make any sense but I bet they haven't produced 8 fish total this year for us. They have worked for me for 50 years but now are dead, I can't explain it at all. However we haven't done well on other body baits either.

Good luck fishing with your buddy tomorrow. Better get some sleep sounds like you will be busy keeping those rods loaded. :giggle:

Yeah I'm at a total loss why the RRFs are not producing for us this year??? It doesn't make any sense but I bet they haven't produced 8 fish total this year for us. They have worked for me for 50 years but now are dead, I can't explain it at all. However we haven't done well on other body baits either.

Good luck fishing with your buddy tomorrow. Better get some sleep sounds like you will be busy keeping those rods loaded. :giggle:
And I have had rrf's on the 2 riggers every time I go out. I have used the sliders the odd time with spoons on them but the RRF's have out produced the spoons probably 20 to 1. Weird how that happens. Different boats = different techniques. But whatever works stick to it is what I always say. I will let you know how tomorrow goes. I am going to use 2 riggers and either put out my big boards with taildancers or run a couple leadcores with spoons. My buddy has never fished this way so the dipsies will have to wait

And I have had rrf's on the 2 riggers every time I go out. I have used the sliders the odd time with spoons on them but the RRF's have out produced the spoons probably 20 to 1. Weird how that happens. Different boats = different techniques. But whatever works stick to it is what I always say. I will let you know how tomorrow goes. I am going to use 2 riggers and either put out my big boards with taildancers or run a couple leadcores with spoons. My buddy has never fished this way so the dipsies will have to wait
Last year was all RRF for me on my boat

this year 💯 spoons

We tried new territory today with much better success. Got our 2 man limit of nice fat wallys and 1 bow while throwing back I don't how many little punks (15?). ;) Only lost a couple with 3 sheep besides to annoy us.👍 Fished 66-69 fow with riggers down 40 ft. and Dipsys 115-140 ft. The best spoons were GLS Mixed Berry Muffin and SS MIni "Lights Out." We also caught a few on a small Moonshine Tangerine tiger spoon and a couple on a blue/silver Husky Jerk but nothing on RRFs once again. Perfect lake conditions and we got off the water before the heat came with no one at the launch when we came in. 👍😁 Hoping to be out again on Thursday.

View attachment 48616View attachment 48617
Looks nicer than last night! Got to 68 and turned around with those 5 footers lol wild ride but wasn’t worth staying

@Wave Runner I think you may have been pulling out when I got there, around 11:30 or just after?

I fished from 71' to 62' from noonish until 2:15pm. Found 3 walleye and a sheephead, all on a black/gold RRF on 9 colour lead core. Spoons or various colours and the other RRFs got no attention. I guess with the heat they are down at the bottom, coming up for a feed every so often.

I tried a different rig on one of the two rods today... probably long since invented by others but I thought it up last night. I clipped onto a 2oz inline weight, which clipped onto a 3-way swivel. On the bottom eye of the swivel was a 8ft leader with diver crankbait, and on the top eye there was a 6ft leader with a spoon. Tried it back at 50', 75', 100', and 150'. Didn't catch anything, but I figured it would cover a bit more depth range and let me mix up colours a bit.

Last edited:
Was also out on the 24th, am, 74fow mark a lot. All caught on a perch like RR. A couple of 4lbers , and a couple of smaller ones. Even caught a nice bow. Glad to have the bit of breeze, good day to be out.

@Wave Runner I think you may have been pulling out when I got there, around 11:30 or just after?

I fished from 71' to 62' from noonish until 2:15pm. Found 3 walleye and a sheephead, all on a black/gold RRF on 9 colour lead core. Spoons or various colours and the other RRFs got no attention. I guess with the heat they are down at the bottom, coming up for a feed every so often.

I tried a different rig on one of the two rods today... probably long since invented by others but I thought it up last night. I clipped onto a 2oz inline weight, which clipped onto a 3-way swivel. On the bottom eye of the swivel was a 8ft leader with diver crankbait, and on the top eye there was a 6ft leader with a spoon. Tried it back at 50', 75', 100', and 150'. Didn't catch anything, but I figured it would cover a bit more depth range and let me mix up colours a bit.
I never marked a thing on the bottom yesterday Arawak. Everything was 40 ft. or a little higher in the water column. Everything we caught came on riggers down 40 ft. or #1 Dipsys on #3 setting back 115-140 ft.

Back