port glasgow am sun sept18

smokey1

Went to port glasgow for first light, was overcast, the majority of the waves were on the edge of white capping but thought they would be manageable.

Definitely was interesting leaving the harbor with the waves that high.

Set up a bit east in 60ft trolling with the waves NE into 52ft , Marked fish all the time in this area. Ran 2 dipseys and a downrigger .

Caught half dozen huge sheep head, 1 silver and a 18 inch rainbow .

Orange spoon perhaps halloween 40 down on a rigger, this would have been in 63ft

Green Dipsey pulling a green dolphin was also very popular

Lost again numerous large headhsakers on the reel.

Wasn't the greatest day but still fun.

Thanks for the report but I was hoping to hear better luck than you had @smokey1. :)

I'm giving Glasgow one last try in the morning on calmer seas so hopefully there will be more fish willing to play.

Would like to hear how you make out as i'm thinking of bagging a day this week to return under calmer conditions.

That narrow channel looks frightening when those waves come in at the right angle and bounce back and forth... I'm hoping to go down that way on the weekend if the weather is good.
Cheers Jim.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks