Port Glasgow 2024

I heard they are buying a new log cabin for the members to socialize? Guessing that has something to do with increase soon Farhi will own it and it will be Private

I think Olivia Chow is in charge of the fees charged at Port Glasgow Marina! Or they hired her as a consultant!

Living in London - Port Stanley will work for me! Thank you Port Stanley for the reasonable rates and great parking area!

Port Stanley welcomes any new anglers fishing by Boat. Lots of Parking. Within walking distance from the Ramp lots of great places to eat after a few hours of great fishing.

You can gas up at the Shell at the bottom of the 1st hill on your way down which currently opens at 6am daily. Unfortunately there are no Restaurants in Port that are open to catch the early bird fishermen. The earliest place to have breakfast which currently is open only Monday to Friday at 8:30am is at the Shell but they are working on opening Saturday's and Sunday's for brekky. There is a Tim's drive thru on your way to Port at the corner of Sunset and Elm in St. Thomas which opens daily at 5am.

Prices are going up everywhere and everything
At least it's not like lake Simcoe area where in Barrie cost you $200 for parking and ramp fees
I stopped going to the bay there for my annual fall trophy smallmouth fishing witch was fantastic
I get it nobody wants to pay more but it is a business for profit and privately owned,
We will scream and yell once they decide it's members only use , and than we're will you put your boat in ?
No I don't want to pay more just like anyone else
I'm self employed and looking at my cost to run the business is getting higher leaving me with less profits plus cost of living is rocketing up
I have not raised my rates yet but my trades have I have no choice but do the same just to able to afford the same this year as last year
No I'm not defending the PGYC but I get

Prices are going up everywhere and everything
At least it's not like lake Simcoe area where in Barrie cost you $200 for parking and ramp fees
I stopped going to the bay there for my annual fall trophy smallmouth fishing witch was fantastic
I get it nobody wants to pay more but it is a business for profit and privately owned,
We will scream and yell once they decide it's members only use , and than we're will you put your boat in ?
No I don't want to pay more just like anyone else
I'm self employed and looking at my cost to run the business is getting higher leaving me with less profits plus cost of living is rocketing up
I have not raised my rates yet but my trades have I have no choice but do the same just to able to afford the same this year as last year
No I'm not defending the PGYC but I get
PGYC is a not for profit and all monies collected are SUPPOSED to be put back into the marina for everyone's benefit.

Not for Profit means only that there is no residual cash left as profit to be paid out to share holders/owners as income profit. But all non-profits must still act as a responsible business, they have paid staff plus volunteer staff in some cases...not sure about Port Glasgow in this respect.
They are well within their right to charge what they want and everyone has the right to not go there, but thinking since it is a non-profit that patrons have a right to cheap use is not what this is.

Many non-profits like many businesses will have a written mandate to hold cash in account for future large expenditures, like re-paving or dock work or that beautiful fish cleaning station etc. So, raising prices to "bank" for future is completely legal and necessary. Plus, not sure if anyone has noticed, inflation has been high. LOL

But the comment that all monies collected are supposed to be put back into marina is a bit misleading. Money goes to paid staff, money goes to banks for interest and principal, money goes to escrow accounts to pad against future large expenditures and possible investments in the PGYC name. It's a business, non-profit only means with cleaver bookkeeping, one can be tax exempt.

PGYC is a not for profit and all monies collected are SUPPOSED to be put back into the marina for everyone's benefit.
I didn't know that
But they still have to make money for running the business and upkeep
Again not defending them but I can see it why the increase,
On the side note we are paying more for everything and get less for it 😮‍💨
Example I wanted to get snacks for Tuesday outing looked at the beef jerkie OMG not only cost went up but get almost half amount now
Nope not buying it !

cleaver bookkeeping
Check It Out Stephen King GIF by Arrow Video
Or
leave it to beaver cleavers GIF

There’s a very simple explanation as to why the $5 increase. I’ll reveal when I can.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks