Fishing Report Port franks.

fireram

Been out last two days. Morning and evening.
One nice walleye. One striped bass. Both in 70fow down 50, pink spoons.

trolling with dipsy. No rigger on board.
tried all the lures I have.

tried from 30 fow to 80 fow.
Right out of port. In front of the Pinery and In front of kettle point.

Hot. Sunny. Water is warm.

have one more day to try again.

any tips? Do I need to go deeper??

Early morning and evening try just off the fingers for walleye. If your looking for salmon and trout go 100+. The temps are all over the place this week so it’s been tough to find them

Yesterday morning we got 3 pickerels a coho and a rainbow. All using slide divers 100 to 125' back and all on pink panties, nothing on the riggers or leadcore. Waters is super warm now, we started at 75 FOW first thing caught a few eyes and then went deeper looking for the coho. Last Thursday I got 5 pickerel. Then the next day nothing but bows and cohos.
That North wind seems to have messed the thermal layer quite a bit. Even 60 down the temps are often above 70... we also found some 49 and 50 degree water down 90' in 125 fow

Last edited:
Early morning and evening try just off the fingers for walleye. If your looking for salmon and trout go 100+. The temps are all over the place this week so it’s been tough to find them
He's fishing Port Franks isn't "the fingers" down Port Maitland way or is there a place called "the fingers" up on Lake Huron as well? :unsure::)

He's fishing Port Franks isn't "the fingers" down Port Maitland way or is there a place called "the fingers" up on Lake Huron as well? :unsure::)
Haha yea, the fingers are just south of port franks. If im having a tough time finding fish I generally focus around those fingers and can usually punch out some picks or bows. But yeah temps are messed up since the lake flipped last week. I’d be running mag divers or rigger balls down 80-90ft

Also know as Stoney Point. Its a shale point that goes quite far out into the lake. Even way out you can see a the sonar bounce change when you are going over the shale. There are massive voids between seams which the bait fish.. and goobies love to hide.
I personally have not had much luck there this year at least since spring. I've been going the other way

1597349673797.png
High Res
1597349883864.png

I use to live in Parkhill i have caught coolers full of perch while you guys are out chasing greasers near this area.

Much appreciated

we tried again deeper, one silver bass.
And tried some jiggin in shallower. Whiles stopped for a swim.

Was four really nice days out in the lake.

would def like to try again maybe not mid summer.
North wind last evening made it kinda bumpy, and getting out of the channel last evening was fun.
They are calling for heavier waves today. Plus I need a new fuel filter and the marinas here are all outta stock. So we pulled the boat last night. Gonna spend today at the beach.
Thanks for all the info. Not much gets posted here on franks.

Good info thanks for posting. Been out that way once, trolled for over 8 hours and lost 1 fish that was taking line like I have never experienced. Wouldn’t mind getting my Huron belt. Seems more challenging than what I’m used to from Erieau to The Elbow. How’s the lake trout fishing that way in the spring?

Yesterday morning we got 3 pickerels a coho and a rainbow. All using slide divers 100 to 125' back and all on pink panties, nothing on the riggers or leadcore. Waters is super warm now, we started at 75 FOW first thing caught a few eyes and then went deeper looking for the coho. Last Thursday I got 5 pickerel. Then the next day nothing but bows and cohos.
That North wind seems to have messed the thermal layer quite a bit. Even 60 down the temps are often above 70... we also found some 49 and 50 degree water down 90' in 125 fow
That’s crazy I thought Huron was always cold. We are in for a lot of snow if it cools down quick this winter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks