Fishing Report Port Franks last weekend

lebaron

I took the family camping in Pinery for the long weekend. Never fished Huron so I took the chance and towed the boat. We launched at Port Franks on Saturday and set up a bit south towards Kettle Point in 50'. Trolled all the way to 100' and back 2 riggers and 2 dipseys. Not a single bite. We marked very few fish along with big bait clouds. Maybe not the right time.

I took the family camping in Pinery for the long weekend. Never fished Huron so I took the chance and towed the boat. We launched at Port Franks on Saturday and set up a bit south towards Kettle Point in 50'. Trolled all the way to 100' and back 2 riggers and 2 dipseys. Not a single bite. We marked very few fish along with big bait clouds. Maybe not the right time.
I was out on on the weekend and did quite well out of port Franks 1lake trout 7 lbs and 1 7 lbs salmon was out for 2 hours

I was out on on the weekend and did quite well out of port Franks 1lake trout 7 lbs and 1 7 lbs salmon was out for 2 hours

Any advice you would care to share with a Lake Huron newbie?

I was thinking I would start trying Lake Huron as it's a bit closer for me than Lake Erie.

Leadcore work , spoons, riggers range from 5’ off bottom to fishing down 40’-55’ good luck with green alwies spoons greens black white blue and silvers , lots of walleye out there to early morning or any time all day , and just before dusk, start at 50’ and troll around out to 78’ and back you will hit something speed 2.5- 2.9

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks