Fishing Report Port Dover today

tin can

Launched in Dover this morning, set up in 62 fow, we got 15 walleye, 1 lake trout, & 1 silver, we stopped short due to one guy chumming overboard.
Ran 4 Dipsey divers with spoons, #1 setting at 90 & 100 back, #3 setting at 165 & 200, and 2 lead core out on the boards, with worm harnesses, everything fired.
Beautiful day on the water with good friends, hope to go one more time next weekend!

We were out there near you Tin Can. I've never seen my graph showing so many fish. Looking at your post, I now realize why my dispsey's were not hitting. We ran 120' - 150' vs your 165' - 200' . The fish were deep. I should have had that chart for the dispsey's to determine depth!!! Live and learn I guess...Riggers really worked well for us yesterday at 60'-65' down. Always good info to be had on this site. Thank you for the great report.

I'm no expert chart reader but the bait and fish seemed to be stacked up like cordwood on the bottom. Still looks great in the OB for some fall walleye action (y)(y)

Yes it sure does hopefully weather co-operates

You Got That Right Stomp.... Stacks of them off the bottom …. out there yesterday what a great day …. Hope the winds work with us over the next 4 weeks till layup …. tight lines boys …. Cheers.....

Attachments

• 20190920_182334.jpg
    20190920_182334.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 157
We were out there near you Tin Can. I've never seen my graph showing so many fish. Looking at your post, I now realize why my dispsey's were not hitting. We ran 120' - 150' vs your 165' - 200' . The fish were deep. I should have had that chart for the dispsey's to determine depth!!! Live and learn I guess...Riggers really worked well for us yesterday at 60'-65' down. Always good info to be had on this site. Thank you for the great report.

Yeah the majority were down deep, keep in mind Ken colours on the lead car was only approximately 50 feet deep and worked well, looking forward to next weekend if the wind behaves !

Yeah the majority were down deep, keep in mind Ken colours on the lead car was only approximately 50 feet deep and worked well, looking forward to next weekend if the wind behaves !
I meant 10 colours on lead core, lol

You Got That Right Stomp.... Stacks of them off the bottom …. out there yesterday what a great day …. Hope the winds work with us over the next 4 weeks till layup …. tight lines boys …. Cheers.....
That graph suggest an ideal spot for some jigging with some live bait!
Your live wells will smile :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks