Port Dover Marina

done working

Doe anyone know if the Port Dover Marina boat ramp is open?

I don’t think it opens until April 15. I am heading down on Tuesday to clean up the boat. Can’t tell you for sure until then. Sorry

Can launch at hoovers in nanticoke paybox on post

Alby, Unless they have radically improved the ramp and dock at Hoovers in the past 5-6 years, there is no way that I would attempt to launch there. It was difficult to launch my 17 center console without beating up the boat, a 23ft walkaround would even more difficult. Hoover's is a great location, but the ramp was wanting the last time that I was there.

Sorry Red Fisher, I don't get the reference the Ottawa test.

Yeh its no better nice spot to bad they dont improve it

Alby, Unless they have radically improved the ramp and dock at Hoovers in the past 5-6 years, there is no way that I would attempt to launch there. It was difficult to launch my 17 center console without beating up the boat, a 23ft walkaround would even more difficult. Hoover's is a great location, but the ramp was wanting the last time that I was there.

Sorry Red Fisher, I don't get the reference the Ottawa test.
If you haven't seen it in 5-6 years you shouldn't advise on it. Over the last couple years the marina, docks, ramps, and restaurant have had a complete overhaul. The ramps are new. They have a large travel lift that lifts fishing trawers and yachts. We've launched a 24' pontoon there quite a few times in the last couple years. If you see the parking lot and trailers when the pickerel are running you'd know the ramp is good. Ron supervises the ramp and makes sure it has good " flow" on busy days!

Well I saw it sat., morning and the only docks in right now at the launch are about 3-4ft easy above the water. I'm only guessing they have other docks that just haven't been put in yet for the season.

If you haven't seen it in 5-6 years you shouldn't advise on it. Over the last couple years the marina, docks, ramps, and restaurant have had a complete overhaul. The ramps are new. They have a large travel lift that lifts fishing trawers and yachts. We've launched a 24' pontoon there quite a few times in the last couple years. If you see the parking lot and trailers when the pickerel are running you'd know the ramp is good. Ron supervises the ramp and makes sure it has good " flow" on busy days!
The new ramp is okay for big boats but the old ramps are the same shit that's been then for years. Docks for the slips are new but the old ramps haven't been improved.

Thanks guys, I will take a run down there to take a look. Just looking for as many places to launch as possible between Port Colborne and Turkey point. Is there anyplace between Port Maitland and Hoover's? We need more marinas.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks