Port Dover beach

packrat

anyone shed some light on situation with the beach??? just saw a clip on CH10 showing only a "small" portion is still available to the public while the majority is now "private" and posted "no trespassing"

With the exception of a 66 for wide strip at the foot of the street, it's always been privately owned, mostly by the Knectel family but they always left it open to the public. The last few years it has been getting more and more crowded, with more problems and mess that they don't feel should be on their shoulders so they want some support from the county.
I would think that some sort of agreement can be reached to keep it open but then again, this is Norfolk County we're talking about.
Also, lots of people don't think that the beaches can be privately owned but they can and do own this waterfront just like in lots of other areas of Ontario. It all depends on how land was deeded back in the day and it varies from county to county.
I've done some reading from various sources and this is my take on it at least.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks