Port Burwell Youth Fishing Day Update

Reel Therapy

Hi Everyone

Wanted to give a quick update on where we are and also include a few of the amazing entries we have received. We currently have 7 youths signed up for the 1st Port Burwell Youth Fishing Day. We have also had some amazing sponsors come forward as well. We will be listing all of them on a future post.

Have a look at just a few of the entries :giggle:

Please remember to spread the word!

Hi my name is Kyle P. I'm 12 years old. I live with my Mom, brother and dog. My Mom is Kim, my brother is Joey and my dog is Gus.

Joey is older than I am. He's 13 years old. I'm way taller than he is.

My brother has autism. He does not talk.

I help my Mom a lot with taking care of my brother. He's a lot of work, but I love him.

I also have autism. I'm really smart.

I've been doing grade 12 spelling.

Since grade 3

A teacher told my Mom, I'm a savant.

My Mom says, I'm "autistically amazing."

I don't get a chance to go away, and do things like fishing.

I would like to learn how to fish. I think I'd be good at it. I also would enjoy the boat ride. Going away having boy time sounds great.

Please pick me to be 1 of the 25 kids going fishing. It would make my summer so much fun.

I can't wait to go fishing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

HI …My name is Luka R and I am 9 years old and I want to be a professional fisherman when I grow up! I have been asking my parents to go on a fishing charter for my 10th birthday on May 16th! My parents said they would love for me to have the experience but it is just too much money. I play a lot of sports and I love hockey but fishing is my REAL passion! I love fishing more than anything. My Dad takes me fishing to small ponds in the area but my dream is to fish on a big lake with big water instead of little ponds. At Christmas time, all I ask for is fishing stuff, I even asked my parents if we could move closer to the lake so I could fish all the time! I love watching fishing shows too. Sometimes, I get so excited watching … I go get my tackle box to see if I have the same stuff the professionals do. Every time I go fishing, I get so excited about it, I get out my vest and tackle box to make sure everything is there and organized. I have caught some sunfish, bluegill, perch and bass. One time when I was fishing up north I actually caught a 24” muskie! I will Never forget that day and how happy was! I really hope you pick me to go on this fishing charter with Big Otter Marina. It would be such a super fun day and I would never forget it! Thank you so much for reading my letter!

Why I want to fish Lake Erie

Why do I want to fish Lake Erie? I want to fish in Lake Erie for several reasons. One reason is that I have never fished in Lake Erie before. Actually I have only ever fished in little ponds a handful of times. My dad is always so busy in the summer because I have 2 brothers so he doesn’t get time to take us because of our sports.

Another reason I would like to fish in Lake Erie is because I have never really actually learned how to fish properly. My brothers and I would go to the pond at camping with a fishing rod and sit and wait. I think I caught a tiny little fish once but not like the ones Mike catches. That would be amazing.

The third and final reason why I want to fish in Lake Erie is because Mike is a good guy and he is also a really good teacher. I know he would be patient with us and teach me the right way to fish.

These are the reasons I want to fish in Lake Erie. Mike is a good guy and patient, I have never fished in big open water only in ponds and I have never fished in Lake Erie. It will be a great experience for me and everyone who wants to fish in Lake Erie.

Thank you for the opportunity Mike.

Pretty amazing letters so far and really shows what this day is all about!

Thanks again to everyone that has helped out so far and as we get closer to the date we will be looking for volunteers to help the day of, getting kids ready, cleaning fish, helping set up the new rods, reels, tackle and tackle can tackle boxes.

Tight Lines

RT and @tailfeathers

amazing. It sounds like some of the entries could be for more than just one kid, maybe share with their siblings too? Just wondering. Then again maybe they want the day to themselves and wouldn't blame them for that. I was a middle child and didn't get much alone time with my parents when I was young. I guess if the other siblings want to go they could send their own letters.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks