Fishing Report Port Burwell Thursday

vweric

We made our first trip out for walleye out of Burwell on Thursday morning. We were a little concerned when driving to the ramp in the morning as the moon was very bright and lots of times the fish shut down early with a full moon. Made it to the ramp at 5:45 am only one boat at the ramp and the parking lot was empty definitely not like the weekend :) . We ran out to an old way point from last year in 58' of water and started to work southwest. Picked up a few fish but pretty slow until we trolled east of port in 61' and then the fishing picked up. Had my little guy (Ethan) with my dad and me and he did a great job reeling in eyes and bows and the 3' walleye chop didn't bother him. End the morning with 14 eyes and 2 bows and Ethan even caught fish on his own lures. Great morning!

Attachments

• PXL_20230706_150619629.jpg
    PXL_20230706_150619629.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20230706_170818030.jpg
    PXL_20230706_170818030.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 74
looks like a great day with the family.
Your sons life jack color would make him very hard to spot in the water if he went over.
Years ago we could only wear yellow or orange jackets for that reason.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks