Port Burwell this morning

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Had a crew out this morning for the eyes. Fishing was slow and the winds did blow.et a few 9 footers caught some fish before we had the visit from 2 green men which caused the charter to be called off. Results were still good with a dozen walleye a silver and the elusive yellow perch. All spoons on dipsys and leadcore 6 color.20180901_121137.jpg

9 footers? Ouch. Photo crew doesn't look any worse for wear.
Yes they felt much better when we started for shore. Heard a comment that they where only 6 ft doesn't matter it was rough. I'm 6 ft 2 and am standing in a 22.5 proline boat and I can't see over the wave in front of I'm thinking its 9 plus ft. Thank God they weren't all that big.

I launched at ~ 11:00 am yesterday and met a boat coming in that warned us of it being really rough and fishing was a bit slower than norm. We gave it a try anyway and turned around after about a mile out. Nasty swells that were definitely 6 ft + …. surprised me given a pretty calm day for wind and windfinder looked ok from what I saw. Not many trailers in the yard...so most seemed to know better....

Green men as in CO's or barfing customers?

If CO's, why was the charter cancelled after their visit?

Green men as in CO's or barfing customers?

If CO's, why was the charter cancelled after their visit?
Sometimes the point is missed ch312 if you were to read my prior post. Most charter captains will not tolerate abuse of our resources. So the co thing is not even a well received joke but insinuates some form of law breaking just saying.

I thought you were talking CO's as well but maybe that is because I trained to be a CO and worked with them 40 years ago. Being visited by the CO's does not insinuate law breaking. It is just them doing their jobs.....for the benefit of all in Ontario. Maybe I am crazy but I actually enjoy a visit from them. It means I am getting my money's worth for what we pay them and I have got some great tips as to what I am doing wrong....fish wise. "Move out to 36 feet and see what happens" After that....it was game on with the yellow bellies.

Sometimes the point is missed ch312 if you were to read my prior post. Most charter captains will not tolerate abuse of our resources. So the co thing is not even a well received joke but insinuates some form of law breaking just saying.

Never heard of either being referred to as green monsters til now.

I am still trying to imagine doing a boat to boat transfer in 6 to 9 foot waves
I just glad I was not out my limit is 5 foot 11 lol
Another successful fishing adventure WTG Tailfeathers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks