Fishing Report Port Burwell Saturday July 14

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took a co-worker out Walleye fishing today. Little tougher this week than last, had to work for our fish. Straight south of Port Burwell in 40 to 47 FOW. No bites on the riggers and we worked the riggers well. Spoons and body baits, changed depth, leads and still nadda. The dipsey's were the only thing working on a 3 setting back 80 feet with Pink Panties. We managed 9 walleye and a perch. Should of had a limit but dropped a few boat side. The fish seemed to have gotten lock jaw around 10:30 and picked up only one fish from 10:30 til noon when we called it a day as buddy had a BBQ to be at. Picture of the biggest of today. Little flies were terrible today, annoying as hell.IMG_0137.JPG

Fished from 11-3:00. Had to giver hell on the way in. It was starting to get nasty. 1 fish off from our 3 man limit.

Analysis sounds similar to last Thursday when we fished the area. Dispy's were best back 90 feet and one spoon did most of the damage. Didn't try the Pink Panties but a new silver glow version of the Michigan Stinger Greasy Chicken spoon worked and Albert had some old derelict spoon with dots all over it that really worked. One rigger fired occasionally with one spoon...a silver/blue Mooselook Thin-Fin I still have from fishing Landlocked Salmon in Quebec. It's worked on walleye before. The 5 and 7 colour lead core with Redfins off the plastic boards were also OK.

I looked over and there was Jamie eating a BANANA. I said "you really didn't bring a BANANA on board did you" He says to me you don't believe that crap do you. I told him, we never got our limit did we...BANANA on the boat ! Lol Not sure if that old saying is true but I never take bananas with me...ever !:unsure:

I looked over and there was Jamie eating a BANANA. I said "you really didn't bring a BANANA on board did you" He says to me you don't believe that crap do you. I told him, we never got our limit did we...BANANA on the boat ! Lol Not sure if that old saying is true but I never take bananas with me...ever !:unsure:

So you likely won't wanna take me fishing then:

Banana Man Overboard.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks