Port Burwell river channel launch question

King Joe

Hey, does anybody have eyes-on of that area just below the municipal parking lot at the beach; that area that was created when they brought in the Sub? For many years...YEARS, I launched my yak...as well as many, many other canoe-rs and yak'rs, from here but last year, an illegal barricade (as stated by the Municipality) was created (with literally stolen materials, again, as stated by the Municipality) by the new launch owner upstream. The municipality was going to correct the situation last year but after a handful of attempts, I gave up...I don't need that hassle and will NEVER add more kms to my trip and launch at the crowded launch upstream.

King Joe Outa Here!

If you come in from the road under the bridge you will see a no trespassing sign. I've inquired about it before as there is a nice launch spot right there and was told there is no issue but still that sign bothers me. TC

If you come in from the road under the bridge you will see a no trespassing sign. I've inquired about it before as there is a nice launch spot right there and was told there is no issue but still that sign bothers me. TC
Hey trky chsr, thanks for that. I think I know the area...but again, that is a quite a bit upstream of the spot I am talking about. Myself, I try to get in and out of the river going to shore or open water quickly; the channel is a bit narrow; narrowing even more so going upstream. The big boats don't play nice with Yak'rs....and the wave bounce off the narrow walls can be a challenge.

I'm thinking...FULL on beach launch this season...but man, that's a long drag! I wish the provincial park was more accessible. Short beach drag and less of the long channel paddle. More immediate to big water like launching at Port Bruce.

King Joe Outa Here!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks